Chapter 12: to loud?

Jade
I'm not really paying attention until Tori lets her hand rest on mine. I can't help but smile at her shes so damn cute. After dinner I'm surprised everyone's so calm in the car, I basically called Tyler out for hitting Max. She swore it wasn't her hitting Max and that she was trying to figure out who was but I'm not so sure. I want to just ask Max but I feel like she'll just push me away. I'm not the most compassionate person I'm actually kind of a bitch so no one in their right mind would come to me for comfort or help. I can't help but glance back at Tori, whose now playing with my hand. She's so perfect I couldn't imagine ever hurting her she's the only upside to my otherwise dismal life. We finally drop Max and Tyler off at the school which instantly makes me nervous but there's nothing I can really do.
As soon as they are out of the car I hit the accelerator and we take off. I'm on the highway doing 120 in a matter of minutes and Tori is holding my leg tightly, I'd let go of her hand at some point so I could have them both on the wheel. I glance over at her and she's smiling like mad as we fly around a turn. I know it's not safe and I'm sure she knows how stupid this is but its so freeing. I see a few cars up ahead so I start slowing down and by the time I get close to them we are back to the normal 65 speed limit, and we are both laughing like mad.
"You know it my dad new about this he'd kill us both,"Tori says as I pull into her driveway.
"Ya I know babe,"I say kissing her before she gets out.
"Text me when you get home....and no more speeding,"she says just before shutting the door. I wait until she's walking in the door to start pulling out, I'm glad I did or I'd have missed the cute little kiss she blew me just before her door shut.
Im headed home going 90 which is speeding but safer then going the 120 I had been, when my phone lights up. I hit the answer button with out looking to see who it was and let it take over my speakers.
"Jadelyn,"the voice says, I almost veer off the road but luckily I have better control over the car then of my emotions.
"Yes mother,"I say slowly.
"I wanted to call and see how you were,"the voice says but I can hear the underlined tone that she wants something from me.
"What do you need mother in driving,"I say pulling into my garage.
"I want to come and see you next week...meet your new little girlfriend,"when she says girlfriend my heart skips a beat, my dad must have told her about Tori.
"We have a lot going on with school mother I don't really have time to visit with you,"I say picking the phone up and switching it so I can walk and talk.
"Hmm you will make time for your mother,"she says and then I hear the click. I almost throw my phone across the room as i let out a frustrated moan.
"Jadelyn is that you?"my step mothers voice calls from the other room.
"Yes,"I say stomping into the kitchen.
"Are you okay dear? I thought I heard some negative sounds coming from you,"she says with that stupid smile.
"That's because I was making negative sounds,"I say turning toward the hall.
"We have talked about this Jadelyn you shouldn't let your anger get the better of you,"she says as she gets something out of the cabinet.
"Meredith I so can not deal with you right now!"I say loudly as I start up the steps.
"Jadelyn we don't walk away angry in this house!"she calls from the bottom of the steps.I turn back to look at her with a sickeningly sweet smile.
"See isn't that better,"she says putting a thumb up in the air.
"Fuck off,"I say before spinning on my heel and going into my room. The look on her face was priceless I only wished I had a camera to catch the look of utter confusion.
I lock my door and let Tori know I'm home safe and sound before throwing my phone on my bed and blasting my stereo. Dad tried to sound proof my room but it didn't work very well and I know that the music can be heard all over the house. I look in my mirror and realize I've still got all the makeup on from my performance so a shower is defiantly in order. As I'm rinsing my hair I hear banging on my door and a voice yelling. I finish up and step out of the shower wrapping my hair up in a towel before wrapping a huge one around my body. I'm just walking out of the bathroom when my bedroom door flys open, wood splinters going everywhere.
My dad stomps through me room while Meredith waits in the door way looking as frightened as I feel. He grabs my stereo and pulls it so hard the cords are torn out of the back. As the music goes silent he drops it on the floor before slowly looking over at me.
"I have told you time and time again about playing music that loud,"he says calmly before pulling the mangled door shut. I'm left standing in my bedroom alone in the silence.
I slowly walk over to my bed trying to avoid getting spitters in my feet, and grab my phone. I dial Tori's number and almost scream when her voicemail picks up.
"Hey this is Tori you know what to do,"
"Babe it's me call me back I...I have something to tell you...it's slightly insane...okay love you bye," I say before flopping onto my bed. I don't bother brushing my hair I throw the towel that was around it on the floor and curl up under the throw blanket of invader zim that Tori got me. I'm still wrapped in my damp towel but nothing matters as I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.