I looked up at him and saw that he was looking at the paper but then he looked at me when he noticed me looking at him.

I looked back to the paper, backing up a little. "Uh, can you explain some more, please?"

He nodded and then he went into more detail about some more complicated things but as he began to break it down and explain it more I slowly started to understand.

He gave me five questions to practice on but by then my brain was fried.

I groaned. "Can't I take a break?"

He shook his head. "We don't have time to take a brea-"

I interrupted him by grabbing his arm. "Grant, please?"

He gave in and I let go of his arm. "Fine but only for five minutes."

I smiled. "That's all I need."

I stood up and got me a granola bar and a water bottle from the fridge and sat back down at the table.

"So," I started. "are you dating anyone?"

I was just curious to ask. I mean, because he's not bad looking and he's really smart so, I was just curious.

He gave me a confused look. "What?"

I rolled my eyes. "You know, like, a girlfriend, a lover, a soulmate, a compani-"

He put his hand over my mouth. "Yes, I get it." He took his hand away from my mouth. "But no, I don't."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Why?"

He shrugged. "I just...don't."

I thought about it. "Maybe it's because you're so sarcastic all the time. Girls don't like that."

He waved that off. "To hell with them, then."

I pushed his shoulder. "Hey, I'm a girl, too."

He gasped with fake surprise. "Really? I didn't know."

I raised my eyebrows and pointed my finger at him. "There you go again. "

He chuckled, putting his hands up. "I'm sorry, I can't help it."

I bit into my granola bar as he started to speak. "Well, no need to tell me if you're dating anyone I already know and so does the whole school."

I swallowed my granola bar and scrunched my nose. "No need to say it like that." I mumbled.

His eyes widened. "Oh, I'm sorry, did I offend you? Maybe, you should ask your dickhead of a boyfriend about that."

I got annoyed. "Don't talk about him like that. Who are you to speak?"

He gave me a sarcastic laugh. "Are you calling me a dickhead?"

I clenched my jaw. "Yes, I am."

He narrowed his eyes. "You don't know me."

I shrugged. "I know enough."

He scoffed. "Oh, really? Would this 'dickhead' be helping you stay on the cheerleading team?"

I widened my eyes. "How do you know about that?"

He shrugged. "Things get around."

I put my hands over my face, leaning my elbows on the table. "Ugh, I didn't want anyone knowing about it. Now, people are really gonna think I'm just some ditzy blonde."

There are some people in the school that just don't like me and they think I'm just some ditzy blonde cheerleader that cares about nothing but herself, which is not true.

"Hey," he grabbed my hands from my face, speaking softly. "You are not just some ditzy blonde."

I looked back at him as he squeezed my hand in a comforting way. "You shouldn't care what other people think about you."

I seemed to forget all about what just happened and I started staring at him as he stared back. His eyes were a chocolate brown mixed with a little green and I noticed he had a mole near his chin that I didn't notice before.

Next thing, I know I hear the front door to my house open and he lets go of my hand, backing away.

I start to remember what my mom said yesterday and think it's her about to walk in the kitchen. But I turn around to see who it is and see my dad walk in.

I raised my eyebrows. "Oh, hey, dad. What are you doing home?"

He had on his black suit, holding his suitcase. He looked between Grant and I, looking confused. "I just had to come back to get a few files."

I nodded as he came to stand by me putting his hand on my shoulder. He nodded towards Grant. "Who's he?"

I motioned towards him. "This is Grant, my tutor."

He scrunched his eyebrows at him. "You're helping my daughter?"

He nodded, seeming nervous. "Yes, sir."

"You're teaching my daughter?"

"Yes, sir."

"You like my daughter?"

I stopped him from answering. "Okay, dad, that's enough, you can go now." I said, shooing him away.

"Alright, alright," he kissed my forehead. "Be good, pumpkin."

He went upstairs and both of us let out a sigh of relief.

Grant started shaking his head. "Your dad is very intimidating."

I heard my dad yell from upstairs. "Damn right, I am!"

Grant flinched but yelled back. "But not in a bad way!"

"Damn right, it's not!"

I laughed at my dads immaturity and so did Grant. I loved my dad but when it came to boys being around me he became very overprotective and it got super irritating. He was the same way with Brett and he still is having problems trusting him, for some reason.

Grant clapped his hands together. "Anyways, enough of that and back to work."

I groaned. "Fine."

Thirty minutes later and the tutoring was over. I was walking Grant to the front door. "Well, thanks for this."

We stopped at the front door and he turned around to me. "You keep saying."

I nodded. "Yeah because you really are saving my ass so, again thank you."

He smiled. "You're welcome."

He went to open the door but I stopped him. "Wait," he turned towards me. "and I didn't mean it when I called you a dickhead."

He chuckled. "Yeah, I figured. I'm pretty awesome."

I rolled my eyes but smiled. "Whatever," I widened my eyes when I remembered something. "Oh! Wait here."

He gave me a confused look. "Are you trying to keep me here?"

I scrunched my face. "You wish."

I went to the kitchen and wrote my number on a piece of paper and then went back to him.

I handed the paper to him. "Here's my number, just in case you need anything to be fixed with the schedule of tutoring."

He nodded slowly and took it from me. "Okay, well, I'll see you later. Goodnight."

I waved to him. "Goodnight."

And then he was out the door.

A/N:

Heyyy, guys, I hope you like Grant because I do!

Comment and tell me what you think, I love you guy's feedback!