Our Everlasting Melody (17)

Mulai dari awal

Derrick nodded. "That could be it, too..."

"Do you think it was such a great idea to prank our siblings now?" I asked him snippily. "Because I can't leave the house without Morgan or Kyle asking if I'm going to go see you."

"It's the same when they're over at my house and I leave for somewhere." Derrick nodded in agreement. "I thought that it would be funny to screw with them, but now it's just backfiring."

"Kyle always shouts after me to use protection," I informed him now.

"He does that to you, too?" he asked. "He always says that to me!"

"Did he do it before he thought we were dating?"

"Yeah..."

I didn't think Derrick or I were ever going to understand why this was such a big deal to our older brother and sister. It was probably because we didn't have any younger siblings.

"So... I broke up with Leslie," Derrick informed me now, and my eyes widened at him. "I thought that it was the best thing to do."

I didn't know if I agreed or disagreed. They both loved each other so much, but I understood why Derrick would feel kind of betrayed. But now I felt kind of bad for Leslie...

"She saw it coming, considering we haven't spoken to each other in a week," he continued now, and I couldn't help but frown because this reminded me of what was going on between Blake and me right then. "I feel really bad for hurting her. She was crying."

Damn it, why did everything have to go wrong? It seemed like the only happy couple was Cassie and Sean, and that was just atrocious!

I just hoped that Leslie wasn't angry at me. I was the one that had told Derrick how she felt, and now they were broken up because of it. She didn't seem angry at me at all the past week, but that was before the two of them had broken up.

This was all starting to become too stressful for me. First I had Blake to deal with, then Mona and Christian, and now everything with Derrick and Leslie. I wished they could have just stayed together, because then everything would have been so much easier for all of us.

I still had to talk to Jane about Thomas, I remembered. When was I supposed to find the time for that?

"I don't really know what to say," I told him honestly now. "I mean, I thought you two were really good for each other."

He frowned. "I thought that about you and Blake, too."

I frowned now as well. Blake and I were really good together, but something was going wrong now. I didn't know if it was Mona, or Christian, or just us. Something was just... off.

We didn't trust each other. He thought I was going to go off with Christian, and I thought he was going to go off with Mona. We were both worried that the other person was going to leave and we were fighting over it. We were both worried about the same thing...

Leslie and Derrick broke up because she didn't trust him. I didn't want that to be the same for Blake and me.

I didn't want Blake to think I was breaking up with him. He must have been worried sick. I was not going to let us turn into Leslie and Derrick.

"Well, I just came over here to tell you about Leslie and me," Derrick now sighed as he stood up from my couch and turned toward the door. "I was going to call, but I felt like this was the type of thing I should do in person."

I blinked at him. "It's not like you're breaking up with me."

He rolled his eyes, and I followed him to the door. Just as I opened it, Morgan made her way back downstairs.