chapter twenty eight

// I'm obsessed with Tokyo ghoul atm. KANEKI KEN

sorry it's been a while I've been suffering at SCHOOL but I had the day off today yay //

dan

Time, a funny thing, passed without you even realising.

Humans forget, and soon days become a blur, which mould into vague weeks, and eventually we only remember moments.

The weeks after Dan and Phil broke it off were hell for Dan, they seemed to drag on forever, but now they're just a vague memory of utter hurt and sadness. He doesn't remember specifics, but he does remember everything about that last phone call.

His nightmares haven't stopped either. Dan always wakes up in a sweat, his mind flashing with thoughts of Shane, Phil bleeding out, blood, knife, gun, fear.

Now, three months on, Dan has started to slowly get better, to pick himself up and try to move on. Phil hasn't called him once - but to be fair, Dan blocked him on everything, so it may have been a bit hard for Phil anyway. The nightmares haven't even wavered though.

"Hey, Dan!" A voice calls, and Dan is attacked from behind in a hug, "how've you been buddy?"

"Troye?" Dan asks, turning around with a wide grin to see a mop of curly hair, "I missed you!"

"I know, sorry it's been so long, I've been super busy with the tour and new album," Troye says sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck, "I'm here for a couple days before I head back home to Perth."

"Oh cool, you must be glad to be going back home though," Dan says.

"Yeah, I do miss it. Mum's been texting or calling me every day though," Troye laughs, shaking his head with a smile, "she can't wait to see me."

Dan forces a smile, but feels a painful tug on his heart. Would his mother text or call him is he were on tour half way around the world? Not bloody likely. His parents would hardly notice he wasn't there.

"So enough about me, how've you been?" Troye asks.

It's supposed to be a harmless question, but for some reason, Dan decides just to let out all the emotions he's been holding in for a long time.

Instead of replying to Troye with he usual bullshit of 'I'm good' Dan breaks down into broken sobs and hugs onto Troye, who just stands there with his friend until his sobs finally die out.

"So, what's wrong Dan?" Troye asks, giving Dan a small, encouraging smile.

And if all comes out of Dan. The words pour out of him like a river, he tells Troye everything; about Shane, about Phil, about his parents, and Phil again.

"You don't deserve this shit Dan," Troye says, frowning sadly at his friend, "you really don't."

"I just want it to end Troye," Dan whispers, tears shining in his eyes, "I'm so tired of feeling like this."

"Then find your escape Dan," Troye says, smiling at Dan but it's not like he can see it anyway, so he reaches out and places his hand on Dan's shoulder supportively.

Dan nods, but there's a problem;

He already found an escape - Phil.

***

Troye left a week ago now, and Dan is alone again.

Not entirely alone, but Troye and Phil were his closest friends. They know everything about him. Well, Troye does and Phil used to.