A Chance?

"Yo gaymo! We're leaving for class, idiot," someone across the cafeteria called. I slammed the sketchbook closed in annoyance. One.

     I got up and headed to my class. First period, math. It was over with painfully. Then there was Science, Reading and Writing, History, and lunch. I sat alone in the cafeteria, as usual. I had practically no one to call friends. My day had been fine until that point. 

     Then, sliding into the seat next to me was Wyett West. The school's biggest jerk.

     "Hey Gaymo," he said flirtatiously, "want to go out with me?"

     "I'd rather have twenty nails pierce my eyes," I retorted, continuing my lunch. He sat for a second before waving over his buddies, Drake and Isaac, who joined in the fun of taunting and jeering and joking, none of which I paid attention to.

     "Hey, you listening?" Wyett tried to ring me back in. I pretended not to hear. He slammed his hand into the back of my head, forcing it down to the table. He held me there, "I said: are you listening?"

     "Sadly, though I'd rather listen to nails on a chalkboard," I huffed. He cackled mercilessly. Oh hell.

     "Why don't we go to the bathroom?" He teased making a tiny kissy face. Now I struggled. Wyett was a lot stronger than me, damn his muscles, but there was no way in hell this was sexual tension. I hated the bastard's very name.

    His brown eyes narrowed and seemed to darken under his black, long locks. He hissed in seeming pleasure at that reaction. "Well," he smirked, "maybe I could just shove my dick up your ass right here in th-"

     "Leave him alone Wy," came that voice I'd regretfully become mesmerized with. Wyett released my head and I pulled up immediately. That was two.

     Josh stood there, and angry glint in his eyes. If he'd been anymore so, I would've been tricked to think he cared about me. Wyett got up and silently left with his posse. In his place, Josh sat down.

     "You alright? He seemed to get you shaken," he asked. His face had what I thought to be mock concern.

     "F-fine," I stuttered. I was both shaken, causing my nervous habits to return, and the fact that he was sitting right next to me didn't help much.

     "You're Lucas Drobe, right? You're the school's gay-emo kid," he said.

     "Yes, go ahead and rub it in," I mumbled. I slouched. He went defensive.

     "No! That's not what I meant. I just meant that its kind of cool that you admit to being gay, is all. I mean, it's not exactly a popular choice," he shifted nervously. I blinked. He meant nothing about the emo part? Wow.

     "Yeah, well, I guess you could say its just another thing on a long list of why I get tossed around," I shrugged.

     "Not to be weird or anything, but you're a fucking idol to me," he said. I glanced at him and he continued, "I mean, come on! If I could admit my sexual orientation so boldly, I would. I just am too chicken to do it."

     "You mean you aren't straight?" I asked. Curiosity is a killer, I warn you. 

     He casually blushed bright red, "don't tell anyone. I'm gay, too." He got up and hurried back to his friends, who had been calling him back practically the entire time. Now it was my turn to blush. I might have a damn chance! Hell yeah!