Facing the music

Like yesterday, I was dressed to perfection as my brother said. I was bored out of my mind on the way to school, since the stereo decided to die on me. So now here are my brother and I as we are driving to school sitting in this god awful silence. Rowan cleared his throat,

"So Ali I was wondering how you are doing in school? I mean you're probably doing great since you're about as smart as me." he said awkwardly.

I started," Well Row I'm doing my best. Everyone seems -" but I was cut off by someone opening my door, grabbing me out, and crushing me to their chest. i was smothered by a green sweater. i leaned in, loving the homey smell that it was giving off. I pulled away to see the person properly.

It was Drew.

"Drew what are you doing here? Where's Erin?" I asked him hurriedly. His eyes told me that something was up and that involved Erin. I was about to run and find Erin when Drew stopped me. I knew that Drew was trying to protect me, but all I could think of was Erin and so I was struggling to get free.

"Ali I promise that if you stop struggling, I will tell you but you can't go after Erin. At least not without me." he added the last part rather qucikly, which made me think he was lying. I nodded to show that I understood, and that I would listen.

" Alright Ali. He's dealing with his sister being back, and your mother's here asking for you."  he said cautiously though the last part was more than a whisper. I had had a bad feeling before but nothing compared to the feeling I had now.

"Wh-wha-what?" is all I managed to croak out before I collapsed.

******Drew's POV******

I caught Alina before she fell. I took her to my girlfriend since they get along well. When she saw Alina in my arms, she went crazy with worry. Concern was written across the beautiful face that I had come to love. 

"She's unconscious. When I told her, she didn't seem to handle it well and collapsed. Can you wake her? i've got to go find Erin."

I whispered quietly. She couldn't speak  because she was in so much shock. I couldn't blame her, I mean could anything get worse? Man, if Erin finds out I told Ali he'll kill me. Time to go find him and save his hide like usual.

****** Erin's POV ******

It was like a verbal battle between Alina's mother and I. My sister has changed and now I actually trust her. Alina's mother however, seemed to be exactly as Alina had described her. I felt like cursing her to hell so she can feel Alina's pain. The women in the office were practically begging me to tell them that Alina was sick or skipping. But I knew Ali and she wasn't that kind of person.

The door behind me burst open to reveal Drew. All of us were begging him to tell us that she wasn't here. That she was at her house, safe from this demonic mother. But alas, I knew that from his rigid posture, the faint sign of red that signaled she was here, and the twitch of his hand that my hopes would not be so. Such was the despair I felt for Ali, that made me weep. But the smile on the bitch before me was enough to make me scream in anger. All I want right now is to know that Ali's safe and sound, basically anywhere but here. Man, life sucks sometimes.

I looked to my sister to see that she was on the brink of tears. I saw someone behind her, and shot her a look. She smiled a nervous smile, and waited until the bitchy woman was gone.