Chapter 9:A Promise in the Dark....Sealed with a Kiss

Começar do início

The teacher shushed us and everyone fell quiet although you could still hear quiet giggles.

I just gaped at the screen and got the sudden urge to giggle, so I turned my head, clapped a hand over my mouth and prayed to God that I wouldn’t laugh out loud.

When I turned my head I turned it towards Austin to see him doing the same thing as me. We both burst into the quietest laughter we could manage.

“That was so ugly,” I laughed, clutching my sides.

“I know,” he said laughing as well.

The lady was still screaming in the background, but if you weren’t watching the video it sounded really dirty all her heavy breathing and groaning and screaming.

After ten minutes of the screaming pregnant lady the video was finally over and everyone immediately talking about how gross it was and several girls were saying that they were never ever going to get pregnant and how some of them probably won’t be able to have sex anymore because they were so traumatized.

Of course, that might have been the point of making us watch the video… but I digress.

Austin and I finally calmed down and stopped laughing, only to have Austin start coughing. This was really starting to worry me; his coughs were deep and hoarse, wracking his entire frame and now they just seemed to be more and more frequent with every day that passed.

I watched him helplessly, wishing I could do something, anything at all even if it was just rubbing his back but knowing I couldn’t, not in front of everyone and certainly not in front of my pack.

Since the lights were still off I put my hand on his leg, rubbing his leg for a moment under the table. It was the best I could do given the circumstances while I waited for the coughing to stop.

When he finally did, his hands were shaking and he looked exhausted. Several people, actually most of the class, turned to shoot Austin a disgusted look.

We ignored them all. I chewed my lip as he cleared his throat.

“Are you okay?” I whispered.

“Yeah,” he croaked.

I felt my eyebrows knit together and he must have caught my look because he put his hand over mine, taking it for a moment as he squeezed it.

“I’m fine,” he said hoarsely, but I could hear how doubtful even he was.

I shook my head at him, pulling my hand away, “We’ll talk about this later,” I said as the lights were switched on, ending our conversation.

I saw his jaw tighten as he tensed in his seat, folding his arms as he stared with a blank expression at the front of the class.