Chapter 30: I'll never forget that

Thorin's POV:

"Congratulations, My Lord. Two healthy baby boys!" the nurse said happily and I smiled at her. "Can I go in?" I asked and the nurse nodded. "But of course you can!" she said and let me pass. I walked inside and ran to Dakota's side. She was holding both of the babies and she smiled down at them. When I sat down on the bed she looked at me with tears of joy in her eyes. She gave me one of the babies and I stroked his small and soft cheek. "They're perfect." I softly said and Dakota chuckled. "How should we name them?" I asked. I looked down at the baby in my arms again. "He looks so much like my grandfather." I whispered. "I know. I though about naming him Thrir but I wasn't sure." "That's great." I said smiling at Dakota. "And this little man?" she asked me. "I love the name Hérion." I said and Dakota smiled again. "Hérion it is." Dakota said and I kissed her cheek.

Maïra, Lindir, Laindir and my nephews walked in. "I'll go get Dís." I said to Dakota and she nodded. She gave our sons to her parents so they could hold them. I walked out the room to get my sister.

I knocked on Dís's door. She opened the door and looked at me with a confused and sleepy expression. "Thorin, what are you doing?" she asked. "I thought you might want to see your nephews." I said and her face lit up. "They're here!" she exclaimed and I nodded happily. Dís gave me a hug. "My brother finally has his own family." She said softly and I chuckled. "Come, I think they'd want to meet their aunt." I said and we walked back to the room.

Fili and Kili were holding the babies when we walked in. Fili gave Thrir to Dís and the tears jumped in her eyes. "He looks just like Thror." She said and I placed my arm around her shoulder. "That's why we decided to call him Thrir." I said and Dís looked at me. "And your other son?" She asked. "Hérion." Dakota shortly replied.

"Shall we inform the others?" Fili asked and Dakota nodded. Oin, Fili and Kili walked out to tell the others that the babies were here. I held the sleeping Hérion in my arms. Not much later the dwarves walked inside. They all held the babies and everyone seemed happy to see them. I sat down on the bed behind Dakota and she leaned against my chest.

I looked at Bilbo rocking Hérion in his arms I tapped Dakota's shoulder. She looked at Bilbo and a smile formed on her face. "They're adorable." She whispered and I chuckled.

The sun was rising and the dwarves were leaving to let Dakota rest. She fell asleep with our sons in her arms.

**********

-- 2 months later--

Dakota's POV:

Today was the day. It was our wedding. My maid was braiding the front parts of my hair to the back of my head and in the braids she put small white flowers. My mother and Dís were playing with Hérion and Thrir and I could hear my sons laugh.

When my hair was done my maid grabbed my dress. I put it on and stood in front of the mirror. It was a strapless dress that trailed behind me (see picture). It was the most beautiful dress I've ever worn. My mother and Dís looked at me in awe. "My daughter, you look beautiful!" my mother exclaimed. I chuckled and looked down at my dress. "You ready?" Dís asked and I nodded.

We walked to the great hall and in front of the door we stopped. My father was waiting for me. His jaw dropped when he saw me. "Sellig, you look gorgeous." He said and I smiled at him. My mother and Dís went inside with Hérion and Thrir.

The doors opened and my father and I linked arms. He brought me to the alter and handed me over to Thorin. We stood in front of each other and Thorin smiled at me. "Will you, Thorin son of Thrain, take Dakota, daughter of Laindir, as your lawfully wedded wife?" Balin asked. "I do." Thorin said. Balin turned to me and I smiled at him. "And will you, Dakota, daughter of Laindir, take Thorin, son of Thrain, as your lawfully wedded husband?" "I do." I replied. Thorin slipped the ring on my finger and then I slipped the ring in his finger. "Then I pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss the bride!" Balin said and Thorin kissed me. When we pulled away we looked at the cheering crowd.

Balin came to me with a crown. I looked at Thorin and he nodded. I kneeled and looked at the ground. Thorin received the crown from Balin and he stood in front of me. "By the power vested in me I crown you, Dakota Queen of Erebor!" Thorin said loudly and placed the crown on my head. I looked up at Thorin and he smiled at me. He helped me up and we turned to the crowd. "Long live the Queen!" Thorin shouted and everyone followed his example.

We enjoyed the feast and it was one of the best days I've ever had in my entire life.

-- 60 years later--

I knocked on the door of my only daughter, Daerien. She was the third child and she was a couple of years younger than her brothers. She was the only one of the three that had black hair, like her father. "Come in!" I heard her say and I opened the door. Daerien was packing her bags and she was wearing a tunic and a cloak. "So, you're really going then?" I asked and she nodded. "I can't turn back now. Gimli will be here by morning." She said and I sighed. Thorin walked in and looked around Daerien's room. "Father, I know you don't want me to go but I have to." She said softly and Thorin nodded. "I know. We can't keep you here forever. Just come back to us, okay?" he asked and Daerien nodded. They gave each other a hug and I saw that Thorin found it hard to let her go.

**********

The next morning Thorin, Hérion, Thrir and I walked to the gates of Erebor where Gimli was waiting. We greeted him and Daerien attached her bags to her pony. She said goodbye to her brothers. How much they love their little sister.

She gave Thorin a hug and then stood in front of me. "I love you, mother." I smiled at her. "I love you too." I said and gave her a hug. "Never forget. You are Daerien, daughter of the great one." I whispered and she nodded. "Of course mother. I'll never forget that." Dís, Fili, Faya and Kili ran outside and quickly gave Daerien a hug. "Be careful with your children okay?" Daerien said to Fili and Faya. They both laughed. "Only if you watch out as well." Faya said and Daerien nodded. "Of course I will." She said.

Kili walked towards her and gave her a stone. "What is it?" Daerien asked looking at the stone. "It's a promise. My mother once gave it to me so I would remember the promise I made. Now I'm giving it to you. Promise me to come back." Kili said and Daerien gave him another hug. "I promise." She softly said and then turned to Gimli. "You ready to go lass?" he asked and Daerien nodded. "I am." She said and mounted her pony.

"Promise to keep her save." Thorin said to Gimli and he nodded. "Don't worry she'll be fine." He said and together they rode off with Rivendell as their destination.

I looked at Thorin and he looked at me. We didn't say anything and just looked at each other and then we both nodded. "She can do this." I whispered and Thorin kissed the top of my head. "She'll come back."

***************

Hello lovely peoplesss! So first of all, thank you Melina_Greenleaf and lmryllC for the names! You two gave me a lot of names that I could choose from so thank you! Also I was thinking about maybe making a Sherlock Holmes fanfiction but I wasn't sure. Let me know if you would like that! Sorry that this wasn't the best chapter but it's almost the last one. I only have to write the epilogue and then I'm done. Have a nice day/night! Byee!

x Linde