Chapter 12: An unexpected stranger.

Before you read this chapter I just wanna say that there will be elvish in this part but obviously I am no expert in Sindarin and all the phrases I've used before were from a website so any sentence between {" "} just means it's elvish. Alright enjoy!

**************

Dakota's POV:

I heard a horn and opened my eyes. The orcs looked frightened at what had blown that horn. White horses with tall riders came to my rescue and killed the orcs and wargs. The riders were very skilled and I could see they were elves. One of the elves ran towards me. He rode a black horse and wore purple armour. He grabbed my uninjured arm and pulled me onto his horse in front of him. When all the orcs and wargs were dead or when they fled the elves retreated and they rode as fast as they could. I didn't know where we were going and even though I trust elves I was still scared. "Don't worry. We'll get you to safety." The rider behind me said. He was probably the leader because he was wearing different armor than the other elves.

It didn't take us very long until we reached a mountain surrounded area. It was riddled with pine trees. I saw a waterfall and a big river. Beyond the river I saw the most beautiful place I've ever seen. The light from the setting sun shone on the city and made the water shine beautifully. We rode to the city and before we crossed the bridge that went over the river I saw the dwarves standing in a little group.

One of the elves blew the horn again and I saw the dwarves snap their heads our way. They formed a defensive circle. We galloped across the bridge and then circled around the dwarves. I got weird glances my way and there was a hint of disbelief in their eyes. Thorin's face lit up the second he saw me, but when he saw whom I was with the smile disappeared. The horses stopped and my rider spoke.

"Gandalf!" he exclaimed happily.

"Lord Elrond, Mellon nîn." Gandalf greeted his friend while lowering his head in respect. {"Where have you been?"} Gandalf asked.

{We've been hunting a pack of orcs that came up from the south and that is where I found my companion."} The elf said.

He dismounted his horse and held out his arms so he could help me get off. I placed my hands at his shoulders and he tilted me from the horse. I saw he was surprised by my weight and how light I was. He sat me down on my feet. {"Bring her to the healer, she's wounded."} He said to an elf standing on the stairs.

The elf held out his hand and I tried to walk towards him but my knees couldn't hold me. I fell to the ground and Lord Elrond crouched next to me. {"Are you alright?"} He asked not expecting to get a response. {"My arm is hurting very badly."} I said groaning. He was shocked by my answer in perfect Sindarin. "Quick!" he commanded the elf. He ran over to me and placed me in his arms. The world started turning again. I had lost too much blood. The elf rushed through the corridors swiftly. The interior was pretty and very elegant. Before we entered the healing room I closed my eyes and I was unconscious.

**********

I woke up in a room with the last rays of sun shining through the open windows and the open door to a balcony. I lay in a soft bed with white sheets and big feather pillows. I was wearing a simple silk nightdress with half long sleeves. It was way too long because it was made for an elf. I looked at my left arm and saw bandages bound around it. I felt less dizzy than I had felt before and I was actually feeling quite good.

I got out of bed and steadied myself trying not to fall over. When I felt like I was able to walk I walked over to a vanity with a big mirror. I looked at my own reflection. I looked tired. My face was pale and I had bags under my eyes. My hair was messed up. I saw a brush on the desk and brushed my hair.