Chapter Eight

Sky swung his leg up onto his palamino stallion, thankful that his horse was the quietest stallion there. Seto, Ty and Jason mounted beside him while Jerome, Mitch, Quinten and Vikk packed their saddle bags. The other people staying behind to look after the kingdom. Sky's brows furrowed and thought about the direction the had gone,' As I glared at their backs," he thought sorrowfully. He heard the hooves of a horse come beside his horse. He felt arms encircle him. "Thank you, Sky," Seto's small voice said. Sky patted his back and felt small patches of wet shirt stick his chest. Seto was crying. "Hey Set, it gonna be alright," Sky said soothingly. Seto sat back on his horse and sniffles a bit before nodding. "Come on! We better get a move on!" Jerome said as he rode up beside him. He looked back at his search party. They nodded him. They moved in sinc as the crouched down and kicked their horses into and gallop.

--------------------------------------

Preston swore he heard his best friends jaw crunch as a guard slammed his head into the wall. Lachlan was already out with a busted face and Ian was panting heavily as another guard repeatedly kicked him in the guts. The squids didn't dare touch Preston seeing he did nearly fri the capture squads tentacles off. Preston winced as he finally heard Ian scream. Rob was whimpering and Lachlan had woken up again. Preston curled into a ball as the guards threw cobblestones at him making bruises and cuts. Rob growled as the squids made him watch Preston getting beat up. He ignored his aching jaw and tried to kick the squids feet from underneath them, but that just ended up with a harder bang into the wall. Rob kneeled there defeated. Lachlan made eye contact with all of his friends. The could sense something that told them to follow his lead. He collapses as the squid punched his face in. The squid left him alone. Rob was next and then Preston. Ian got knee to the face as he went down and he face-planted. The three winced as they heard a crunch as his head hit the floor.

The four heard the squids undoing their hand cuffs and felt them drop to the floor. Immediately after the heard the metal door scrape shut they were up. Lachlan and Preston haul Ian into a sitting position since his vision was still swimming. "That was a whole lot of fun," Rob mumbled sarcastically. Lachlan waved Preston away to go help Rob. Preston tore a piece of cloth from the bottom of his jumper and tied it around Rob's head to keep his dislocated jaw still. Rob tore a piece of cloth from his jumper and started to stop Preston's bleeding. Lachlan tore his shirt and pressed it to Ian's nose. Ian's vision had cleared and he took the cloth and ripped his own shirt. He pressed ,the cloth onto Lachlan's bleeding cuts. The four males then got up and walked to the furthest wall. They sat down together and just rested. "What the hell did they do to you?" The boys heard a muffled voice say from behind the wall...