"James, go to your room, I'll be up in a bit."

James' look of slight disgust turned to shock again, and he turned to Harry. "My room? Dad, I'm not five-"

"Go to your room."

James must have realized how much Harry was holding himself back, because he immediately disappeared up the stairs, leaving Lily and Albus staring at the space where he was just standing, and Draco's shoulders sagging more every second.

"Hey, mister," Lily said, turning to Draco. "I got no problem with you dating my dad, you're good for him. And your looks," she said, looking him up and down. "Ignore whatever he says, he's an idiot."

"Same here," Albus said proudly.

Harry gulped and stepped forward. "And same here," he said softly, slinging his arm around Draco's shoulders.

"He didn't mean that, I'll talk-"

"No, don't bother." Draco said. "If he doesn't accept me without people talking to him, he never will. I'll go."

Harry nodded worriedly, turning Draco's head toward him so that he could make sure that he was okay with this. Seeing Draco nod once, he sighed and let him go.

------------------ page break ------------------

Draco's POV:

Draco stopped at James's door, and knocked softly.

"Dad?" A gruff voice said.

"It's me," Draco said, swallowing nervously. He had to get this right. If he didn't, well, he didn't know what would happen, but he felt like he'd disappoint Harry.

"Come in," James said. Draco could practically hear him rolling his eyes.

Draco nodded and pushed open the door, stepping in.

He saw James laid out on his bed, hands behind his head, staring directly at Draco.

"What do you want with my dad?"

Draco blinked. That was not the first thing he expected to come out of his mouth.

"Wha- What?" Draco finally said, starting incredulously at him.

James turned to face Draco. "I was just wondering why you were with him. I mean, c'mon, let's face it, he hasn't exactly had the best history with relationships, and he isn't the best with people he loves, so I'm just wondering why someone as rich, good-looking, and-" 

"Stop right there," Draco's voice was cold, and seeing James look at him in shock, he hurried to rectify it. "I-I mean, it sounds like you're propositioning me, and that's just weird. And also, your father is amazing. He'd feel awful if he knew what you had just said."

"Then he shouldn't have left Mum," James said stubbornly.

Draco stiffened. "Your mother- she made her own choices,"

James sat up. "So I was right?" He said excitedly. "She was cheating?"

The frosty glare Draco sent his way more than answered that question.

James got up, and started walking towards the door. Stopping when he was next to Draco, he looked over at the taller man and smirked. "Ya know, I like you."

"Wha-" Draco sputtered uselessly.

"Not like that, I'm not that much of a creep." James rolled his eyes. "Prove it."

Draco, utterly confused, turned to James. "Prove what?"

"That you're good enough for Dad. Then I'll accept you, ya know, let you in."

Draco was a bit creeped out by all the possible double entendres he was hearing, and nodded slowly. "And how am I supposed to do that?"

"Oh, I don't know. Figure it out, I guess." With that, James walked out the door, leaving Draco standing in the fifteen-year old's bedroom, at a complete loss for words.

A/N
I feel like I haven't updated this in two months... Oh wait.

I'm sooo sorry for the hiatus that this went on, my teachers decided to make us prepare for the finals a full 3-4 months early, and then I had to figure out how to register for lacrosse,

-But I'm here now.

To all reading this, if I don't post a new chapter for a while, like the next one or even after that, I give you full permission (if you want to) to post a "WHERE'S THE NEW CHAPTER?" comment. Now that I've finally published this, I shall go work on my half-cat story.

~Raven

(Btw, this is dedicated to malfoyis (again) for not freaking out (too much xD) when I take forever to reply to the rp. (Srry)

(I'll add the actual dedication later, I have no idea how to do it on mobile.)