Smitten

Three Weeks Later

Velvet and Coco continued after that day, creating more and more works of art. So many, in fact, that Coco had to make more magazines to keep up with the output of the pictures.

Coco yawned, miffed about being awoken by her phone. She smacked her lips, checked the clock, that red 11:53 AM, picked up her phone, and answered it slowly.

"This is Adel, what's up?" She said, her eyes snapping open at the crying she heard on the other end of the line.

"Coco..." Velvet stammered, tears flooding from her eyes. "Can you unlock the studio door?"

"Sure, let me just get dressed. I'll see you in a bit." Coco said urgently, shooting up out of bed faster than she veer had before. She threw on random clothes for once in her life, and sprinted towards the door, unlocking it to see Velvet outside the door.

"What happened?" Coco asked, wiping the tears from Velvet's eyes. Only then did she notice the bruises. "Who did this to you?"

"I-I don't know." Velvet cried, wiping her face on her shirt, which was half singed. Smoke was still rising from her backpack. "Some people burned my studio while I was in it."

"What the hell? Who would do such a thing?" Coco yelled, hugging Velvet tenderly.

"I was painting, and I almost didn't notice it until I smelled the smoke. By then, it was too late to save any of my supplies or paintings. I lost months of work, and over half of our work too." Velvet cried, resting her full body weight on Coco.

"Well you're welcome to stay here as long as you like. Hell, you can even stay here permanently if that's easiest for you." Coco soothed, rubbing Velvet's back slowly.

"They were yelling at me, throwing rocks at me. Calling me a degenerate, a lowlife." Velvet cried, her tears overflowing from her eyes.

"I swear, I'm going to find whoever did this to her and kill them!" Coco thought angrily, comforting Velvet.

The two stood there for another few minutes before Coco helped her inside, clearing off a couch. She sat Velvet down and raced for the first aid kit, her skirt blowing behind her. She picked up the kit and ran back, sliding on the carpet stylishly to stop faster.

"Stay still, this it going to sting a little." Coco warned, to which Velvet obeyed. "Hydrogen peroxide's a bitch sometimes."

"Thank you Coco..." Velvet cried, her face falling into her hands.