School isn't the Word

Chapter 10: School is la place filled with many words and many actions, but everything there is meaningless.

In this small and compact car, if one would look, you would see a redheaded woman at the driver's seat. She is happily humming to a death metal song on the radio.

She looks happy but on the inside, this woman with frazzled hair, is absolutely shaking with rage.

If you look to the passenger's seat you would see a young boy about the age of fourteen, staring calmly outside of a window. This boy looks calm on the outside but is absolutely annoyed on the inside.

Why you may ask are these two annoyed and angered? Well all you had to do was look in the back of the car. Where two males sat a distance apart from each other. One with black hair and blue eyes, the other with brown hair and green eyes.

These two are glaring at each other and basically filling this small and compact car with... Really really bad vibes...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Porter High School was your average Joe school. In a small town, with only two rich families, it really had no one to impress. It was one story with an average of five hundred students. Now it had its cliques and everything that came with a high school but maybe on a smaller scale.

Eli Draxton cared for none of that. He always kept people at a distance. Was always afraid of people finding out about his sexuality or his father... So no one ever was close enough, however he did have a few acquaintances.

Maybe he could slide right back in...

Maybe, since he wasn't here anymore, Eli could actually enjoy school.

As they pulled up to Porter, Eli could almost sense something was off. He got out as soon as the car stopped. At the same time he stepped out, so did the infamous James Kindred.

Instantly, as if everyone in the entire school had sonar hearing, all eyes turned on them.

Eli gulped. It seemed as if sliding right back in, would be an issue.

He knew how this town worked. A Draxton, the only son of Marie and Isaac, getting out of the same car as a Kindred. It was ludicrous. Eli may have tried to keep a low profile, but when your mother insists on taking the Benz to drop you off at school...especially when that same mother could make you father... Eli shuddered... Well you just didn't argue with them.

It was evident that Eli wouldn't be able to try and stay low for the rest of the school year.

XxxxxxxxxX

School. James really hated this godforsaken place. For his father's memory, he had a 3.8 GPA and already had saved enough money for a decent college. But... them. They came and soothed him in his weakest moments. Said they could help him. But that never happened. Things got shitty and now...

James just really hated school.

He stepped out of the car at the same time as the bane of his existence did.

Not to mention they really needed to talk. James narrowed his eyes. That was probably not going to go well.

He felt the tension in the parking lot increase ten-fold.

He looked around to find that everyone was looking at them.

Bastards should mind their own damn business...

James eyes averted to meet Eli's. Of course he could see the flash of panic then mild resignation. He turned his head to look at all the dopey faced people.