Chapter 27

⚔ The Right Way ⚔

Corin leaned closer to the door that had just been pushed shut and placed her head on the framing. 

She had been coming out of her room to get some water when she saw Vodia's frame walking into Kayana's bedroom, and a hard feeling settled deep into her stomach. She knew Vodia would never hurt her, but he had been betrayed. 

The old feelings came back to haunt Corin then, that she was the reason that Kayana had been separated from Raian and  she was also the reason that Vodia had been separated from his love. She had acted like a spoilt child, not thinking about the consequences of her actions, especially how it would affect those around her. 

It was also the first time she had seen the disappointment in her father's eyes, because of her. Corin leant her back on the door, sliding down on it until she was sitting on the ground. It must mean something that she had come back to try and fix it? Anything? 

But you didn't. It was Kallm. The better part of her whispered in her mind. And it was true. Without Kallm she would have never thought that she could have fixed it. 

Just then another door clicked open and a disheveled Kallm walked out, his chest on display and his pyjama pants low on his hips. Corin hadn't realised that she had begun crying, but she definitely noticed the smile that lit up her face when her eyes landed on Kallm's groggy gaze and infectious grin as he noticed her sitting on the ground. She also saw the exact moment he noticed her tears and his grin dropped, replaced with furious blinking as he tried to rid the sleep from his eyes as he walked towards her. 

Kneeling in front of her, Kallm placed on of his hands on Corin's cheeks, using his thumb to wipe away her tears. Without thinking, Corin leaned her face into his hand and looked at him. This gentle boy who risked everything to help make his brother happy again, even if it meant pretending to get married to the girl who ruined it all in the first place. He had stolen her heart in the middle of all this and Corin was sad to see the end. 

Kallm simply remained kneeling, not saying anything except moving to next to Corin and pulling her into his side. Why was it whenever he saw his lavender in the hallway, she was always crying? What was it that made her so sad? 

"Shh my Lavender." He whispered into her hair as he kissed her head. 

Corin felt a bubbling in her chest as she heard him call her that again. She hadn't realised how much she yearned for it. But surely this did not mean anything, right? 

She lifted her head, looking at Kallm's calm eyes staring back. Corin leaned up a little more and Kallm's grip tightened on her waist. She saw the uncertainty swimming in his eyes and instead of doing what she had planned, Corin smiled at him and landed a kiss on the corner of his mouth, before laying her head back on his shoulder. 

Blushing, Corin kept her hands to herself before Kallm noticed why she was in a ball. Letting out a little laugh, he lifted her hand and placed it on his bare chest. He could feel the heat from her face burning into him and when he looked at her, she moved her face to bury it further into him. 

Kallm laughed a little more as he locked his fingers with hers and laid it on his stomach. She really had taken her heart. And he couldn't deny that he was the happiest that he had ever been, right here with her. But he couldn't let his wishes get too high. This wedding was just a farce. 

The arrangements were being made in front of his brother, but Kallm knew there was no actual wedding. There was nothing planned and the thought made him more than a little sad. A pulling feeling brought him back to the present and Kallm reminded himself of the plan, how Corin was the reason his brother had lost Kayana. What if Kayana could not bring his brother back?