Chapter 3

Nathalie POV:
"Nathalie it's nearly two o'clock, are you going to get up today?" I heard my mom ask, as I was scrolling through my Instagram feed. I groaned in response and stretched in my bed. I knew I had to get up at some point, but my body felt as if it was glued to the bed. I clicked off my phone at the top, then reluctantly got out of bed letting my feet drop to the floor. I sauntered over to my full length mirror, which was nailed to the wall, and stared at myself through it.

I looked dreadful.

I had bags under my eyes, I looked beyond pale and my eyes were bloodshot. I just wanted to get back in bed and sleep but I knew that my mom wouldn't be very happy. I decided to put on my robe and go downstairs, my stomach rumbling at the thought of food. I trekked into the kitchen and sat on one of the bar stools to be greeted by my mom. She asked me what I wanted for breakfast, I shrugged my shoulders and thought about it for a while. Then I replied with waffles and syrup. "You seem really quiet today, are you okay?" My mom questioned, concern thick in her voice.

"I'm fine, I just feel a little sick" I replied, my stomach grumbling as I said it.

"Take a paracetamol, it might make you feel better. Then go into the living room and lay on the couch, I will bring your food to you when it's ready" She commanded. I nodded and walked over to the cupboard and grabbed a glass that rested on the shelf inside. I walked over to the fridge and grabbed the carton of orange juice then opened it carefully, making sure it didn't squirt everywhere. I poured it into the glass steadily, making sure I didn't spill it on the counter, due to me being a very clumsy person. After that I opened the box of tablets and pierced the foil with my thumb nail, making a crinkling sound, I took out the tablet and popped it into my mouth then drank the smooth orange liquid. Slowly trekking into the living room, my mom rushed past me with two pillows and a thick duvet then placed them onto the couch, setting it out for me. I stood there, waiting patiently then laid under the covers and pressed the Netflix button on the remote. I am an avid Netflix user and I use it pretty much every day.

Netflix is love, Netflix is life.

I scrolled through the different categories, looking for the one that said 'continue watching'. I clicked on Orange Is The New Black which is my favorite TV series ever. Just as the opening credits flashed upon the screen, my mom came bounding in with my waffles and a glass of water which I thanked her for with a slight smile on my face. I finished my food half way through the episode and took my tableware to the kitchen and put it into the dishwasher.

"Nathalie!" I heard my mom shout. Ugh what does she want this time?

"Yeah?" I yelled, annoyance in my voice, I felt so shit today and literally everything was annoying me. I felt bad for being bitchy towards my mom but I couldn't help it.

"Me and your dad are going out for the day, so if you need anything just text me" She said, I nodded in response.

She opened the door and walked out as my dad followed her. I rushed over to the door making sure to lock it as soon as they were outside, I didn't want a psychopath to come barging through. Walking back over to the couch, I heard my parents leave the drive in their car. I trudged upstairs and went into my bedroom, shutting the door behind me. I got out my MacBook and turned it on, the Apple icon flashed up, I scrolled through my Instagram feed while I waited for my laptop to turn on properly. Once I saw that the screen had loaded fully I put in my passcode and went straight to my emails. I looked through a few of them, they were mainly just business' contacting me to try out their products which I instantly replied to and told them to send them to me. If I thought the product was good I would review it on YouTube so that my subscribers could try out the products, I love my job and all of the problems that come with it. But sometimes it can get too much, sometimes I am scared to check the comments that people leave on my videos because there is quite a lot of hate that gets left on them. It hurts so much but I guess that's the negatives of being a known YouTuber. I sighed after replying to the majority of my emails and then went onto YouTube to catch up on videos in my subscription box.