"That's a death trap." He replies, trying to talk himself out of it.

I sigh. "It's not. They're going to attack us, Axel. We don't know when or where, no ones doing anything. Sources are taking too long. It's up to me, and I can't do this alone."

He pause biting his lip.

"Just a peek. I just need to know where they are, where they'll attack us from."

"Fine." Axel whispers, looking around to see if anyone heard him. He's acting like this is a drug deal, and I feel like the dealer.

"Meet me back here in an hour. We'll go during the dusk, we'll be back before the moon is at it's peak."

He scratches the back of his head still mentally debating if he should back out or not, but he doesn't.

And I leave him as he stands there, knowing I'll see him in an hour. Oh Axel, so naive.

--------------

"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"No."

Axel keeps muttering things under his breath such as 'Why did I agree to this?' and 'If I die, I'll see you in hell.'

We're lurking in the depths of the Southern woods, and completely away from beachy areas. If what Ares said is true, then they must be around where we are now. I know that I can never tell Ares about what Axel and I are getting ourselves into, because I swear he'll kill me.

Axel and I remain in our human form with our wolf senses. I can literally hear his heart thumping, he's such a easily frightened person.

"Can you please tell me why you chose to get me into this, again?" Axel whispers as we pass through thick bush and tall barky trees.

"You were my only option left. Landon wouldn't want me to go, Dexter would tell Landon, Ash is too young, Ares would kill me, Angel's too innocent---"

"Yeah yeah, I think I get it now." He cuts me off, his light ginger head hanging low. "Landon will kill us both if he finds out about this."

I didn't want to think about what Landon would do. I was mad at him, frustrated with the entire pack. How was I supposed to get anything done if Landon always knocked me down? I knew that it was me who needed to do something, because if I didn't nothing would ever happen. We'd be slaughtered before we know it.

I inhale the air searching for a fragrance or a mere scent. Nothing seems to be coming to me except for the sweet smell of pine, and it makes me wonder if they use the strong pine scent to disguise themselves?

It wasn't a bad tactic.

Axel and I make sure to tread lightly, twigs can easily be broken making ourselves announced. I watch Axel and envy the way he looks so stealth and strong. I have a good beta, and I absolutely envy him for all of his abilities.

Suddenly, he swings his inside arm out in front of my chest. Holding me back from something I can't see, smell or even hear. Axel turns to me with wide eyes, mouthing the word;

"There."

I follow his glance directly ahead of us. Our feet are inches away from thick net, camouflaged in leaves and sticks. I follow the nets rope with my eyes until I realize it's a trap. And if we stood on it, we would've been caught.