Chapter Three

"Thank you. I am grateful for you doing this." I smiled and hopped in the passenger side seat.

"No problem, Football." He chuckled and backed onto the road. "By the way my address is 156 Riverbend Rd." I watched as he sped away from the house.

"What brings you to Dillion?" He sidely looked at me, "Family issues and needing a new start." I simply said.

"Tim Riggins by the way," he put his hand out to me. "Brooklynn Hughes, nice to meet you." I gripped his hand and let go quickly.

"Thanks for the ride. Do you want to come in for some coffee of something? The storm is getting worse." I offered and got ready to make the run to the door. "Sure," he jumped out and chased me to the dry porch.

"Sissy!!! We were scared you left us like mommy and daddy!" Emma attacked my leg as Max launched into my arms.

"Thanks, Mrs. B! I will pay you when I get my first paycheck." I hugged her and looked over at Max talking to Tim. "Hun, you don't owe me anything. I love the kids. See you tomorrow!" She waved and took off to her house.

"What did she mean about you leaving like your parents?" Tim quietly asked, "Um.... Kind of the family issues I mentioned." I shrugged and heated up some leftover Mac and Cheese, " Wanna something to eat?" I glanced over at him, "Sure."

I gave the twins their bowls and plastic spoons to them, and Tim a bowl and normal spoon. "If you want something else, my casa, su casa." I sat across from Emma and Tim occupied the seat beside me.

"Mrs. B helped us with our homework," Emma said and took a sip of juice. " That is good. Tomorrow, I will be coming home right after school to pick y'all up." I smiled and watched Max stare at Tim.

"Staring is rude, Max," I scolded and Max quickly looked at his almost empty bowl. "Sissy... Are we replace daddy?" Max whispered quite loudly so everyone heard him.

"Hun, no we ---"

"I miss mommy and daddy." Max cried and shot out to the bedroom. "Sissy, I will go check on him." Emma got up and did their secret door knock which made Max open the door.

"Sorry bout that. They aren't use to it just being the three of us." I stared at the scratched up wooden table. "What happened to your parents?" He gently pushed the topic, "About four weeks ago, they were killed in a car accident. We moved here for a new start." I explained while tears started to flow down my face.

"If you need help, Coach Taylor will help if you ask." He awkwardly rubbed my back, "It is fine. You can take the couch if you want." I smiled and rubbed away the useless tears. I took the bowls and spoons to the sink to wash.

"Where will you sleep? There is only one bedroom in here right?" He started drying the bowls, "I will share bed with twins or take the floor. I am use to it." I shrugged and put the dishes up.

"I will take the floor." He muttered and grabbed a blanket to lay on. "I am not a crappy hostess. Please get on the couch. I will drag you on it if I have to," I warned and gently pushed him on the leather couch.

"Be that way." He smirked and kicked his boots off, "I am going to check on the twins. Make yourself at home. Need anything, ask me." I jogged to the bedroom door and repeated the secret knock. The door opened and there were two red-eyed children staring up at me. This is going to be harder than I thought.

"Sissy. We want them back." Emma whimpered and hugged Max. Tears started to build in my eyes. "Honey, I know. Bring it in." I dropped to my knees and brought my twins into a family hug.

Suddenly, two arms were wrapped around my back and around the twins too.

"Tim, you don't have to do this." I whispered in his ear once the kids calm downed. "It's cool, football," he patted Max on the head when I got them tucked into bed.

"Good night, guys." I turned out the light and cracked the door. I turned to find Tim staring at me. "Do I have snot on my face?" I grimaced at the thought, "No. You are just different than other girls here." He grabbed a bottle of beer out of the fridge.

Probably cause I am fugly compared to them.

"I get that a lot. I guess we should go to sleep. You don't have to wait up in the morning. I have to take twins to school." I chugged half a bottle of water, "How? You don't have your truck." Tim questioned. "I can walk them or borrow Mrs. B's car." I shrugged, "I can go fix your truck in morning if you want." He cocked his head to the side.

"No! That is way too much trouble." I exclaimed and shook my head. "What about I take kids and pick you up for school?" He offered, "Tim. Thank you, but it is okay. You do not need to help me just because you know my past." I sighed and went to brush my teeth.

When I walked back to the living room, Tim was texting someone quickly. "I guess I will see you in the morning." I rubbed my eyes and took a pillow and blanket out of the coat closet.

"Good-night, football."

----------------------------------------------------

I didn't think the floor was this comfortable. Feels like the couch. It is the couch. Dang it. What happened? Tim seems to be using me as a pillow.

"Tim? Tiimmm? Dude wake up!" I started to wiggle my way out of his tight, very muscular arms, until he squeezed me tighter. "Stop wiggling." He mumbled into my hair. "I need to get up. You can keep sleeping," I tried again to get up, but it was a failure.

"Football, its 7:45. Twins are at school. We need to leave in thirty minutes." He mumbled and finally released me.

"How did you get them awake and dressed without waking me up?" I stared at him astounded. Man is he distracting when he is shirtless.

"Told them it was a game. Worked like a charm. I gotta pee so you are aloud to leave now." He smirked down at me once he got up. "I am going to start getting ready then." I blushed and tucked tail all the way to the bedroom.

"Alright. Football, we need to go." Tim knocked on the bedroom door, "Okay! Let's go then." I met him at the door in my leather jacket and wash board skinny jeans. "You look cute." He commented once I locked the front door.

"Do you need glasses?" I huffed and put the keys in my pocket. "Football, I call it when I see it." He smirked and threw our bookbags in the truck.

"You can drop me off a block from school if you want." I ignored his last comment, "Why?" He glared at me once we came to a stop sign. "I figured you wouldn't want to be seen with me... Might hurt your rep or something." I explained and stared at an elderly couple on the bus bench.

"Don't be stupid, football." He slapped my thigh.

-----------------------------------------

Thank you for reading, but please don't be a silent reader. Leave comments or votes to let me know what needs to be changed or fixed. Maybe even some ideas. :D

-Brooke