XVI

ALLISON *FEW WEEKS LATER* 

I purse my lips as I stares weakly to my lunch tray in front me, as I couldn't stop thinking about my newborn son that I gave birth to, weeks ago. I haven't seen him, right from the moment he was born 'cause I felt unconscious due to the amount of blood loss I suffered. My body was too weak to be awake at the moment, so I just let it rest 'til two weeks ago. I just know that in this palace, they have their personal hospital in it but only to be used for emergency like sudden labor, for example me, whom just suddenly in about to give labor to my very first son before its time. Liam been loyal come visits me and our son, Ashton in the hospital, but 'til now I don't get to meet my son but Liam already did. Liam was heartbroken enough to tell me about our son, so I decided to let him not to tell me 'til he's ready to tell what had happened to him. I've been so anxious waiting for the right time, for me to go and visit my son but it seems that it's taking forever for me to see my little Ashton Irwin-Payne. "Hey, baby. You're alright there?", Liam snap me out from my trance. I startle a little and look at him, before shook my head slowly. He hums, but his face telling me that he isn't convince with my answer. I shook my head again and look away, to the door of my ward room. I keep hoping that any of the nurses who usually come to check on my IV's, would come here along with my son for me to meet him for the very first time but my hope always being crash down as they keep coming with nothing but clipboards of medical papers on it. I take another deep breath, before look up to the door with my slightly glossy light brown eyes. 

My breath left my mouth, shakily and it rings to Liam's ears, which makes him quickly get to me and give me those comforting, tight hug. With his sudden strong embrace wrap around me, I burst into tears. "W-Why can't I see my baby, Liam? I-I w-want to see him, Liam! I-I gave my life to bring him to this world, why can't I see him? Why not yet?!", I starts to wails. I could feel his heart clenching painfully, as mine did the same too. It's how the mating bond connects us. It makes us feel what our partner feel inside, without our knowings. I shook the feeling off and try to get off his hold, which I made it and bawl my eyes even harder. I pull my knees closer to my chest and wrap my arms around it, before plant my face down to my legs as I cry my heart out there. "W-Why can't I meet my son? H-He's my son, too! I gave birth to him! I carried him all this months! Whatever happened to him during the labor, I still love him 'cause he's my son! Why life is so cruel!", I sobs. I keep sobbing, ignoring every presence in the room. I shook my head and sniffs harder, before look up to have my new crimson red eyes glaring over each everyone in the room, including my own family in-law. I want my son and that's exactly what I want for now. I need to know how is he doing without me. Without my touch, my love. I get off from the bed and snatch the IV's off, which instantly warns Liam about my moves. I could feel him about reacts, but I quickly growls at him. "Don't. Even. Make. A. Move. Liam. I'm. Going. To. Meet. My. Child.", I seethes each of the words, angrily. He gulps, before have his butt sit back on the plastic, uncomfortable chair. For sudden, I feel myself being under-control by something, but not myself. I try to get myself recover, but it seems like my Vampire isn't letting me off. Maybe not just yet! The nurses and doctor tries to restrain me from exiting the room, but I growls so loud, yet angrily that makes them whimpers, fearfully. I marches out from my ward room and walk to wherever my foots is bringing me too. 

I've been wandering around the hall 'til I reach the nursery ward room. I enters the room, which soon to receives some gasps from the nurses and doctors in the room as they're surprised to see my presence in the room with them. "Where is my son?", I gritts out, in anger. They gulps a little, before a male nurse tries to calms me down. "Your son is perfectly fine, My Lady. All I need you to do is to relax and be silent. This is a quiet zone and we don't want your son to have disturbed sleep, do we?", he tell, in a very hush yet comforting tone. I look at him and just realizes my mistake, before I quickly apologizes to him in a hush tone too. He smile and nods to me, before offers his hand to me. I look at it hesitantly, before he assures me that he's going to bring me to see my baby. Without thinking any longer, I grab a hold on his hand and slowly he leads me to my son's crib. I couldn't help, but to gasp and cries a little as there he is, my little bundle of joy laying inside the crib. He looks so small, yet so adorable there. The tears of joys left my eyes and I wipes it off, before taking a seat beside the crib. I bring my hand into the crib and slowly hold my son's small, soft hand. Ashton starts to stirs a little, before his hazel brown-green eyes open. I cooes, before gently caress his soft baby, pudgy cheek. Ashton reacts back, by leaning more to my touch and I look at him, in adoration and loves. "Why couldn't I meet my baby when I've gained my conscious, past weeks?", I ask, looking at the doctors and nurses in the room with me. They purse their lips a little, before look at me with sad smile. "It's because your baby almost born stilled due to the lack of oxygen but we managed to save him. We'd like to bring him to you, but for the sake of his health, we had to hold him down for a little while. He wasn't doing that great, last two weeks but now he's getting better and better. He's also growing better, too. We just about to send him to your room, when you suddenly bust into the room.", the male nurse tell.