Damn it…

My wolf wanted her and this is the result from mot giving her the affection my wolf wanted. 

Mom ran to my side and tried to grasp Selene's hand into hers, but Selene was in so much pain she grazed mom's wrist with her sharpened nails. 

"She's shifting!" Mom proclaimed. 

"It shouldn't be this painful if she'd done it before!" Mom looked at me with the same confused expression on my face. 

"Something must be terribly wrong." The words made my heart drop. 

Some of the men had awoken and were standing by my door wondering what the commotion was about. 

"Get her father!" I ordered them, but I knew for certain Grant was already heading here after hearing the loud commotion.

I didn't even look to see if anyone was following my order, I was too concerned over my mate in pain. 

"Lucca, we need to cover her." Mom said, taking the bloodied sheets.

"How is that going to help?" I asked her angrily. 

"Just do it." She spat.

I helped her cover Selene from the chin down. 

"Where is she? Where is my daughter?" Grant came in stomping into my room like a raging bull. He pushed someone by the door aside for telling him to calm down.

I stood up and planted myself between him and the bed. "What is happening to her?" I yelled at him.

He looked behind me and his eyes turned a dark shade after seeing her. "You...that's what's happening. I shouldn't have taken her here in the first place. If I had not thought bringing her here would protect her I would have kept her away from you!"

He stabbed me with the point of his index finger and I growled at his action. 

I pushed him back on his chest with my hand and he stumbled back. This made him even angrier and he charged at me. I didn't step aside afraid that he would fall into the bed that Selene was on. 

"Stop it you two! You can fight each other later!" Mom yelled. 

Grant glanced his daughter again and a look of guilt plastered across his hard face. "This is all my fault." he shook his head frantically. "I need to take her back." 

He was about to take another step closer to her, until I punched him on the side of his face. 

"Lucca!" My mom screamed. 

He groaned, whipping the trickle of blood from his lip. 

"You are not taking my mate from me. Over my dead body." I growled. 

"It's for your own good." He didn’t look me in the eyes when he said it.

How is taking my mate from me, my own good?

"No," I responded. "You take her, you die. And I don't care if you are her father." 

Another horrible crack sounded from Selene’s body. 

My mom gasped again, but this time her eyes were red with tears. "This isn't natural. This experience should have happened only in a wolf's life. This type of shift--it's dangerous for a she-wolf at her age. She could die..." 

It was like my life tipped off its axis. 

"NO." Grant roared. 

He fell to his knees and grasped at his hair looking down. "This can't be happening! I was always too careful with her. This is all my fault."