*Epilouge*

I was by the edge of the volcano. The ground began to shake. I felt her hand slip from mine. They screamed. I couldn't help them. They helplessly fell down further and further. I screamed out to them, but realized I wasn't reaching out the help them. I had pushed them over. They were gone. Never coming back...

I woke up coated with sweat, clutching my chest. I looked over my shoulder and luckily Amy was lying there, sound asleep. I tiptoed over to the crib, and sighed with relief as I saw her quietly snoring. I ran my fingers through her purple quills. I couldn't lose them. They were all I really had. Her eyes fluttered open and she stared up at me.
"Dada!!!" She yawned cutely.
"Shhh...mommy is sleeping..." I shushed her as I gave her a smile.
"You scared.. Nightmare?" she asked quietly.
"Yeah, daddy hasn't been sleeping much, Emily. But you need to get back to sleep, it's not morning yet." I sighed as I set her back down in the crib.
"Bedtime story?" She asked hopefully.
"Not tonight Em. Daddy has to get back to bed." I said quietly, not able to bring myself to tell her about her family.
"Here, take Teddy. He helps me sleep when I get scared", she said as she handed me the tattered bear. I heard footsteps behind me, as I saw Amy's shadow.
"Emily, what are doing up so late" she asked the two year old.
"Daddy got scared, so I wanted to help him", Emily said innocently.
"Your such a sweet little girl, aren't you? You want me to sing a lullaby?"Amy said motherly
"Yes.. I sleepy", Emily said with a big yawn.  The lullaby rhythm gave a peaceful sensation and Emily's eyes began to close. Soon, she was fast asleep in my arms, quietly snoring. I looked at Amy with tired eyes, and laid my daughter back in the crib. I ruefully let go of Amy's hand and looked at the date. This is the day I lost almost everything. My family, my friends, and almost her. My eyes swelled up, bringing back past memories. Memories that bring up regret and guilt rather than happiness. People I cared for that will never come back. I sunk to my knees, and squeezed the teddy bear tightly. I let out a sob as tears streamed down my face. A cool hand rested on my shoulder, and I looked up. Immediately it reminded me of Sally and Shadow, and the deaths they had met. I clenched my teeth together as I shook uncontrollably. I looked to my left. Amy said nothing as she embraced me, crying as well.  Even if I did lose everything, I still had her. And nothing will ever hurt her again. I looked over to my daughters crib and swore the same thing.