Chapter 4

I wake up to the chirping of birds, blissfully waking me up. I stretched out, yawning, looking around for Chip and Amy. I spotted them to the left, cooking what seemed like,eggs? They also had flat rocks with small raspberries and blueberries, with a can filled with water. Breakfast, I assumed, so I walked myself over there and plopped down. I was still in my werehog form, which was really weird. Then I realized, the sun was just begging to rise, and I would be back to normal soon. I panicked and motioned Chip to come outside.
" Dude, you're acting like a wet cheese. Your acting really weird around Amy. You ok?", he said.
" No. Amy... I know her already and if she ever found out... who I am... I'm kinda in love with her. She's in love with me too, but she doesn't know who I am... I don't want to scare or hurt her again. I can only be around her at night... could you help me out", I pleaded. He has a look of sympathy on his face and gave me a brown bandana neck collar.
" Here, this is a façade neck collar. You can shape shift into any form, which will disguise you. Think of a believable name, and a good disguise and you'll be fine", he instructed, adjusting the collar.
" Bob... no that sounds too plain... Thunder... oh I like that name... yeah I'll be Thunder", I concluded. Now for a good cover up. I decided to go with a gray hedgehog with pointed up spikes and dark gray streaks, and golden eyes.
When I walked out, it caught Amy by surprise. I smiled and she gave a weaker one back. Hopefully, she wasn't intimidated by my new appearance. Chip insisted that we continue our quest, so we could cover more ground. We all agreed and everyone walked in silence. It definitely was awkward when Amy caught me staring at her. I blushed and turned my head, which made things worse, because she stared back at me. I could feel her eyes burning holes into my skull, which made me gulp. Chip came across a clearing and we noticed it was an abandoned town. I guessed that the people either evacuated or were imprisoned, so us three were the only ones. We still kept our silence and stepped lightly to make as little noise as possible. Chip wandered off towards a food cart, so we followed him. His eyes caught a humongous sundae, smothered in chocolate syrup. His mouth watered and he tried to grab it. The ice cream was too big and he dropped it, causing the clank of the metal bowl to echo throughout the town. We both glared at Chip and he gave a nervous chuckle. I looked around town slowly throughout the towns homes. One windows curtain began to move and I squinted and leaned in. The curtain drew back and revealed glowing red eyes- robot eyes.
" Run.", I whispered, and everyone's feet began to pound the cobblestone streets. I heard the sirens beeping and more robots swarming in. I searched to see if Chip and Amy were keeping up, and as I looked back, Amy tripped on a crooked brick and fell, twisting her ankle. The robots were right behind her, so I made a quick but risky move by scooping her up and running as fast as we could. After a few minutes, we had finally lost them and were deep in the forest. I took this as an opportunity to scream at them.
" CHIP! WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT! COULDN'T YOU JUST WAIT FOR ME TO PICK IT UP FOR YOU! YOU ALMOST GOT US KILLED!!!", I screamed at him harshly. Then I turned to Amy.
" You. Your just another person that's going to cause us to be more slack. YOU BETTER BE THANKFUL THAT I SAVED YOUR PATHETIC SELF! I mean look at yourself... you can't even run right! I'm sick and disgusted by you", I snarled at her. Tears began to well up in her eyes and she bit her lip to stop the trembling.
" W- well if I am really that worthless, maybe I should just leave. I can't believe I told you all of those things about Sonic. Your more of a jerk to me than he ever was", She sobbed, and ran away, trying to catch herself when she fell.
" You are a selfish jerk", Chip spat and took the disguise neck collar with him. That left a heartbroken blue hedgehog, wishing he could see her again.