Chapter 31 ~ The Story Continues

A 10k views special!

Note: This is a new point of view, this is not Ellie's POV

Thoughts race through my head as I run through the forest.

"Amethyst, get outside, you didn't get my cigarettes."

" I-I can't drive."

"You little-" he hits me so hard that I don't feel it at first. Blood begins to pour from my cheek.

"Daddy-"

He grabs my hair, and pulls me towards the door. "Get out!" He screams. He throws me out the door. I land on my belly, and look back at him to see that he is stomping in my direction. I lift myself to my feet and run.

I trip over a root, and hit my head. My head begins to throb. I begin to lift myself noticing that the rock is covered in blood, and the world begins to shake.

Ellie's POV

I glance at Bella, and laugh as I speed ahead of her. She gives me a challenging look, but the look turns into a worried expression when I trip over something and collapse. I look back to see a girl who appears to be about twelve. Her blonde locks are stained red, and I quickly move to her side.

Bella races over to me, and I flip the girl over. She slowly opens her bright green eyes, and looks at me with sorrow filling her eyes. My eyes begin to tear as I see the gigantic wound torn by a rock. Blood is everywhere. Oh... God...

"Go!!!" I yell at Bella, who is going nuts. "But-"

"Go!"

I then turn my attention back to the girl. Her breathing begins to slow, and I resort to the only solution I can think of... I bite her. I bring her small wrist to my lips and bite. I have never really tasted human blood. It had never occurred to me to try it. When I taste it... I don't know if I can stop. It is the temptation of chocolate times three trillion. Somehow, I am able to pull away, and I glare at her.

She strains to focus on me. Her eyes are full of tears. Tears of... fear. I clutch her small, boney hand in my mine as I watch her lose her grip on life. I cannot turn her...

Amethyst's POV

I suddenly feel something hit the side of my torso, and something falls before my eyes. Something... no, someone turns towards me, and someone behind it backs away. I am flipped by the one that tripped over me, and I try to look at her. My vision is blurred, but I can tell that the person is a female brunette. However, at the moment, this means nothing to me. Will this be my last memory?

The girl turns to the other and yells something, but I can't hear over the ringing. Tears begin to invade my eyes blurring my vision even more. Then she grabs my arm. I suddenly feel pain. An excruciating pain that feels like a mix of electrocution, burning, and stabbing runs through me, and I would know all these pains. It is so painful, that I don't know if I can bear it. Blackness...

Ellie's POV

After a while, I pick up the girl, and head towards the house. I should have had Bella do it... but would she have been able to bear the taste? Heck, I don't even know how I handled the taste.

When I arrive at the house, I kick the door lightly with my foot. Carlisle answers the door, and he gives my a worried look. Tears begin to fill my eyes, and Carlisle takes the girl. Esme wraps her arms around me, and takes me to my room.

"What happened?" asks Esme.

"I-I c-c-couldn't s-save her." I begin to sob harder, and she pulls me against her chest. Her hold is cold, but comforting. It is like having Wendy, my mother, hold me. "You tried to turn her?" she asks concerned.