Chapter 5

"BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEPBEEP BEEPBEEP BEEPBEEP!!!!!" the alarm yells in my ear. Ugh, school! I stretch and rub my eyes when I glance into the mirror I notice that my eyes are baby blue today. I walk into my closet and put on some capris, flats, and a T-shirt. Yeah, I get that it's fall, but I don't like pants and jackets. Never have, never will.

I walk downstairs to the smell of... BACON!!! "Yay! Bacon time!" I yell excited. "That's  right!" my mom exclaims putting some on my plate. I eat it faster than you can say "faster than you can say".

I start walking down the road towards my school and Jacob runs up to my side. "Where ya going?" he asks.

"To Mars." I reply sarcastically.

"Why not Mercury?" He asks also sarcastically. I nudge him and he grins.

"Welp(how I like to say well), I'm on school grounds now so cya, Jake."

"Bye!"

I go through my first classes and a Cullin or Bella is in each one of them. When I get to lunch I look around and spot the Cullens in The corner and walk over casually, but everyone stares in shock anyway. I sit down and glance into the mirror of my pop-up brush, my eyes are now chocolate brown. "So what's up?" I ask. "Nothing," says Alice. I nod my head and continue eating.

**********

It's after school and I sit down on a bench and watch people leave the school building and walk to their cars. A guy walks over and sits across from me. "Hey, I'm Grayson, but I'd appreciate if you'd just call me Gray. Who are you?" He says quicker than I could ever speak. "Uh, I'm Ellie," I say nervously. This guy had skin the same color as mine, Mouse brown hair, and light brown eyes.

"Welp, we can talk tomorrow, but I gotta go," I say and gather my stuff. I drop my stuff by the door inside of my house and dash into the woods. I find Jacob and some werewolf play fighting. "Oh, hey Ellie," says Jake grinning.

" 'Sup, I just thought that I would drop by," I said.

"Well, I'm glad you did," he says.

Bella walks out of the house talking with Emily, Sam's fiancé. "Oh, hi Ellie, what are you doing here?" she asks tossing her muffin back and forth between her hands. "Just here to see if the pack needs help," I answer. She nods with slightly furrowed eyebrows and continues her conversation with Emily.

"We don't need anything right now, we'll call for you if we do, but you are still welcome to visit and hang out," says Sam walking up to Emily. He grabs her and swoops her down to kiss her. I roll my eyes and turn away.

"Well I'll see you all later, so bai!" I say and jog to the Cullens' house. I walk in and they're talking. "Oh yay, Ellie's here!" exclaims Alice. "Hey girly girl!" says Emmett teasingly. "I punch him in the arm and sit next to Rosalie. We talk about random things for a while then I leave.

When I arrive at my house my mother is sitting at the table talking with Charlie. My mother says, "Welcome home sweetie!"

"Hey Mom, how was your day?"

"Great! Charlie here kept me company."

I smile and nod then dash upstairs and down the hall to my room. I plop on my bed and close my eyes.