Team 7 & 8

"Are you sure I can't win you over?" The Hokage asked Kakashi.

"I gave my word on my wedding day." Kakashi said. "I would give up being a ninja and be a family man."

"Not even if I make you team 7's teacher?" The Hokage asked. "Naruto is on that team."

"I already have an idea on who to make his teacher." Kakashi said. "Obito is best for the job."

"Why Obito?" The Hokage asked.

"He wasn't born with the talent of being a good fighter." Kakashi said. "So he trained and learned from his mistakes. That's what makes him a good teacher. He under stands not being strong at one point in his life."

"Very well." The Hokage said. "He will be team 7's teacher."

"Obito trained Naruto already when he was still in the academy." Kakashi said. "Just by looking at Naruto's strength I can tell Obito will be a great teacher."

"Yes that may be but," The Hokage said. "You were one of the best ninja in the whole village. Can't I do anything so we don't lose you?"

"Not so long as the village still hates Naruto." Kakashi said. "They ignored his strength and wanted nothing to do with him. I wont do missions to aid this village if they want to do that."

"I see," The Hokage said. "Well I can't force you on this. I wish you the best of luck in your future."
*************************************************************

It was the next day and Naruto and all the other new ninja were at the Academy to be put into groups. They didn't know but they were a test subjects on a new experiment.

"Alright everyone," Iruka said entering the classroom. "Today is your first real day as ninja so congrats. I will now put you into your teams."

Naruto didn't listen unless he hear his friends' or his own names. Finally his name had been called and he had been put on team seven.

"Team Seven will be Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto." Iruka said. "Team 8 will be Kiba, Shino, and Hinata. Both teams are to report at the top of the school to meet their team leaders."

They waited until Iruka was done then went up stairs. Both teams went up together. Naruto stuck next to Hinata a little upset they weren't on the same team. When they got there Obito and Kurenai were waiting.

"Hello everyone," Obito said. "I'm Team 7's leader Obito Uchiha."

"I'm Kurenai," Kurenai said. "Team 8's leader."

Everyone said hello and sat on the roof of the academy.  They waited for their Senseis to say something. It was Obito who spoke first.

"All though we're different teams the Hokage is using us as a test." Obito said. "Are teams are linking together as a Unit to strengthen are bonds and abilities. The Hokage believes if we bring two opposing forces together we can achieve true happiness and peace."

"You want to bring a team that focuses on fighting and another on tracking and have them work together." Naruto said. "You believe this will allow us to accomplish any mission."

"I do." Obito said. "I will train all six of you mainly on fighting. Kurenai will train your tracking skills. Tomorrow training beginnings for now do what you please with the day."

"It's still morning." Kiba said. "Why not train now?"

"Because your ninja." Obito said. "A ninja must enjoy every moment he can when he's not training and fighting. This day could be your last. The village could be attacked tomorrow or even an hour from now."

"Alright," Naruto said. "Hinata want to go get some ramen?"

"L-like a d-date?" Hinata asked.

"Yeah!" Naruto said. "We've been going out sense that time in the forest but I never took you on a real date."

"Sure!" Hinata yelled with joy.

"Hey Sasuke," Sakura said. "Want to go on a double date with Naruto and Hinata?"

"Why not," Sasuke said. "I've been think about a way to get my fan girls to leave me alone and this is my chance. Also if you never do something like what you did to Naruto when we were younger I might make you my girlfriend."

The four of them walked off together to their dates. Kiba cursed the fact he was alone and Shino just smirked think about how nice it would be to find someone. Obito also was going to head home to see Rin and his son. Rin and Rika had both given birth to two healthy babies a month apart. Kurenai went to go see Asuma who was with his own team of genin mostly to see her long time crush.

**********************************************************

Kakashi laughed as he watched everything. Minato had done the same thing with Obito, Rin, and himself as genin. Tomorrow he was going to test their team work. He wasn't worried about Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Sakura, and Shino. Only Kiba was the problem he was very...prideful.

It was going to be a challenge to get him to work with the other, but Obito could do it. Kakashi walked home and noticed two of Danzo's foundation ninja watching Naruto's group. He decided to nock them out.

"Can't Danzo every leave Naruto alone?" Kakashi asked out loud. "He's going on a date not a kill spree."

"You never now." Danzo said appearing from the shadows.

"I may no longer be a ninja," Kakashi said. "But I can still fight."

"I only do this to protect the village." Danzo said.

"What ever," Kakashi said. "Just don't interfere with their date."

"Very well." Danzo said watching Kakashi leave.

"What do you plan to do now?" Danzo asked to a man who slithered his way out of the shadows where Danzo had been hiding.

"Naruto and Sasuke," The man said. "I want to know more about them."

"Remember are deal." Danzo said. "You can have they boys but you must help me become Hokage. Do you understand Orochimaru?"

"Yes," Orochimaru said. "I'll take my leave."

Danzo watched him leave and smiled to himself. He would soon be Hokage and when he was he would kill Orochimaru. It was all going as plan...for now.