When a Baby Fox cries

Kakashi woke to the sound of crying. He rushed to Naruto's room to see the young boy wrapped in his blanket. His face was wet from his tears but he was still asleep. This was the third time Kakashi was awoken by Naruto's crying. Naruto had been spent three days in the hospital then three more days with Kakashi. Thanks to some medical jutsu and the Nine Tail's healing powers he recovered quickly from his injuries, well physically. Naruto's mental health was a whole other case.

"Naruto!" Kakashi yelled to wake the young boy. "Naruto, wake up! It's just a bad dream no one is going to hurt you while I'm here!"

Naruto's blue eyes snapped open. He looked around to see his room and Kakashi sitting on his bed next to him. He placed his head to Kakashi's chest and began to cry again. Kakashi had to do this three times now. Comfort Naruto after he began screaming because of a nightmare. He felt the boys body and noticed he was in a cold sweat.

"Come on," Kakashi said.. "You can sleep with me tonight."

Naruto didn't say anything as Kakashi lifted him up. With his four year long nightmare he was never allowed to speak. If he did he was beaten, so Naruto still doesn't talk much. Kakashi took Naruto to his room and laid with him in bed. He stayed awake until Naruto's breathing became slow and he fell asleep. Shortly after Kakashi joined him.

The next day Kakashi took Naruto to the Uchiha compound. He went inside one of the houses to find a women with long black hair and black eyes.

"Hello Kakashi, Naruto," She said. "I'm Glade you both could make it."

"You said you wanted to talk Mikoto?" Kakashi asked.

"Yes," Mikoto said. "Why don't you let Naruto play with my son, Sasuke. He's with my oldest son, Itachi."

Kakashi let Naruto go play with the two black haired boys. He was still scared of being hit even by them, but Itachi's over protective brother like character slowly gained Naruto's trust. Kakashi smiled under his mask as Naruto played with Itachi and Sasuke without fear.

"I've been looking for Naruto for four years." Mikoto said. "Kushina was my friend and I owe her as her friend to raise her son, but the Hokage keep him from the village."

"How did you know he was Kushina's?" Kakashi asked. "The Hokage keep it a secret."

"My Husband is police chief." Mikoto said. "He can get his hands on any bit of information."

"Yet he couldn't find Naruto?" Kakashi asked.

"The Hokage made hiding him more important then hiding his parents identity." Mikoto said.

"So what now?" Kakashi asked. "Did you want something from me?"

"Yes," Mikoto said. "I want your word that you will protect Naruto. I don't want anything to happen to him."

"Mikoto," Kakashi said. "If I wanted to harm Naruto then I would have killed him already or left him at the orphanage, but if it helps. I Kakashi Hatake swear on my pride as a leaf ninja that I will protect Naruto Uzumaki with my life."

"It does help." Mikoto said. "If you ever need someone to watch him or help you take care of him just ask me."

"I will," Kakashi said. "You don't mind if Naruto stays for a bit do you? I have to go to the store and I don't want him near the villagers. He's still to scared to be around most people."

"That's fine," Mikoto said. "Also Kakashi you should try to find a girlfriend. One who treats Naruto like a son. One thing that helps a healing child is a good mother."

"I'll see what I can do." Kakashi said. "I have a girl in mind, but I don't know if she'll like Naruto."

"All I ask is that you try." Mikoto said.

Kakashi bowed to her and said good-bye. He was walking to the store when someone stopped him. It was Mikoto's son Itachi. 

"Kakashi," Itachi said. "We need to talk."

************************************************************

Kakashi sat with Itachi on a bench with shopping bags in his hands. Something was bothering Itachi but what?

"So what's wrong?" Kakashi asked. "Why talk to me and not you parents?"

"It's about my father." Itachi said. "After the battle with the nine tails the clan has been accused of planning the attack."

"I see," Kakashi said. "The only other person to control the nine tails without being a Jinchuriki was Madara Uchiha by using a Sharingan, but it gives them no right to accuse the Uchiha."

"Some of the Clan want to start a civil war." Itachi said. "I'm not a ninja yet, but soon I will be and I'll have to fight in that war. Worse then that Sasuke will to. I saw what the last war did I don't want my little brother to go to war."

"What's your father's view on this?" Kakashi asked.

"He's against it," Itachi said. "But I think he's going to be persuaded to go to war if this shunning from the village continues."

"I'll see what I can do" Kakashi said getting up and made a clone. 

The clone took the shopping bags and went to Kakashi's house. Kakashi and Itachi walk back to Itachi's house.

"How can you help?" Itachi asked.

"I'll take with the village elders on the subject," Kakashi said.  "They want to see me tomorrow to talk about Naruto. I promise neither you or your brother will be in a civil war caused by the Uchiha clan."

"Thank you Kakashi." Itachi said.

"Don't mention it." Kakashi said.

***************************************************************

Hey everyone! Sorry for the wait. My father took my laptop when I started writing this chapter. Something about putting a bag of marshmallows in the microwave? Anyway found my laptop in his closet now here I am writing this chapter. Well I'm going to stop and go put this back or next time he'll just through it away. Have a good day.....oh crap here he comes!