.
.
.
.
.
.
.....

"Mommy." I heard my daughter called.

"Mmm." I answered. I was tired and I needed the rest.

"Mommy wake up! It's morning!" Katie shouted. I sighed and opened my eyes and smiled at her. I hated when Katelyn woke up before me bacause she could wake me up. If she woke up at midnight, she would ensure that I was up too.

"Goodmorning my pumpkin pie." I said to her as I tickled her sides.

"M-mor-rni-ing." She said while giggling. I love my daughter with all my heart and I would do anything to make her happy and put a smile on her face. I heard a knock on the door so I stopped tickling Katie. The door opened and Maleek walked in.

"Goodmorning." He said as he walked closer to the bed. I sat up and looked at him.

"Daddy!" Katie shouted as she jumped on him.

"Hey princess." He said as he caught her. "Nevaeh can we talk?" He asked as he looked at me.

"I have nothing to say to you." I replied to him.

"Please Nevaeh. Let's talk." He insisted.

"I have nothing to say to you Maleek. Look i'm not up for fighting this morning. Ok. Just leave me alone." I said as tears began to whelm up in my eyes. I looked away from him not wanting him to see my eyes.

"Nevaeh, I just want to clear things up with you. That's all. Ok, how about this you listen and i'll just talk." He said.

"I said no Maleek! I can't even stand being in the same room with you. I don't want to hear it!" I shouted as I got off the bed and stormed into the bathroom. I slid down the door and cried. 'Why is he torturing me? Is he happy to see me like this? Does it motivates him to continue with his antic when he sees me cry?' I thought to myself. I got off the floor and faced the mirror. I looked like a mess and I could not let anyone see me like that. I washed my face and looked at myself in the mirror.

I was not going to let Maleek get me down like that anymore. It was time I took back my life in my own hands. I wipped my face dry, closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened my eyes turned away from the mirror opened the door and walked out of the bathroom and the room was empty. I sighed and thank the moon goddest that I was alone.

I went into my suitcase and picked out a pink jeans shorts and a yellow polo t-shirt went into the bathroom took a shower and got dressed. I went down stairs in search of some food to eat. I went into the kitchen and and no one was in there. 'Just the way I like it, peace and quite.' I thought to myself. I went throught the refrigerator and saw some eggs, cheese, tomatoes and lettcue. I took them out, I went throught the cupboard and found some bread and took it out also and I made two egg sandwiches. I sat the two plates on the counter along with two glasses of apple juice.

"Mommy i'm hungry." Katie said as she she walked over to me.

"I know sweety. I made you breakfast." I said to her as I held her hand and led her around the counter. We sat down and ate our sandwiches.

"Mommy, are you ok?" Katie asked out of the blue.

"Yes baby, i'm ok." I replied to her.

"Are you and daddy ok?" She asked. I coughed chocking on my drink. I looked at my daughter with widen eyes.

"K-katelyn, what are you talking about?" I asked her.

"You and daddy fight all the time. I don't like it mommy, I don't." She replied looking at me. I was speechless, I didn't know how to respond to my daughter. She was only four, I knew my daughter was smarter than the average four year old but I was not expecting her to say what she did. "Is it because of me? Tell me mommy." She said.