Chapter 3

The Truth Hurts

***

Alex awoke with a with a huge headache. "Oh man," she groaned in pain. She then looked at the time. "12:29." She looked around the room and saw her shirt flannel on the floor next to the bed. "Oh no," she whispered.

She wandered around the room and noticed the Neymar and Messi posters hanging on the grey walls. "This room looks so familiar," she said to herself. A small gasp elicited. "Tobin." She paced out of the room with the shirt that reeks of alcohol. "God I smell," she says with a light chuckle, walking into the living room. 

"Hey, Lex," Tobin says, clearing her throat as she put a plate in the sink. 

"Tob," mumbled Alex, feeling anxious.

"We need to talk," Tobin says walking up to her. Then she put her hand on the taller girl's shoulder and focuses her eyes on Alex's blue ones with a worried look. "What happened last night?" asked Alex, resisting to show any feelings toward Tobin.

Tobin clenched her jaw and stayed quiet. "What happened Tobin," she repeated, beginning to raise her voice. "Lex, chill," replied Tobin.

"No tell me," she says, abruptly jerking herself arm away from the midfielder.

"So know you're mad because you think I did it, huh?"

Alex stayed quiet. "You. You were too drunk to even know what the fuck you were doing. Alex, I begged to take you home but you kissed me," she explained in a very frustrated tone. "So don't blame me."

Alex was taken aback by Tobin's tone and choice of words. "Then why didn't you stop me," she asked. Tobin furiously chewed on her tongue. "Psh, you don't think I didn't try to?"

"Well if you did, this wouldn't have happened."

Tobin groaned. "Alex," she yelled with both hands on her shoulders. "I stopped trying because I like you!" A long wave of silence stood before both girls. Alex was surprised.

"Oh," replied the taller girl, feeling bad after screaming at Tobin

The awkward silence grew again. After about 2 minutes Alex broke the silence and said, "Promise to never say anything to anyone."

"Yeah whatever," Tobin replied. "Look, Tobin, I-I'm very very sorry but last night we were drunk, well I was. I didn't know what I was doing, I-I had no control over it. I am sorry I didn't mean to hurt you," she said with as much sincerity as she could say it with. I look into Tobin's eyes and they're slowly watering. "Yeah. I know," responded Tobin wit a blank expression.

"I'm gonna go."

Tobin was left in her living room, alone. If only she hadn't done that. The first person she thought about calling was Lauren but she was packing to go on a road trip with her parents. "Ash, could you and Hope come over?"

Tobin cleaned up around the house to stay busy while she waited for her friends to knock on the door. "Tobin," shouted Hope, closing the front door. Of course, they wouldn't knock, thought Tobin to herself with a small smile. 

She walked over to the kitchen where Hope and Ashlyn were eating from the bag of Hot Cheetos on the table. "Guys," sighed Tobin, leaving the broom in the pantry. "I really really fucked up." Hope cleared her throat, giving her a confused look. 

"We kissed."

Ashlyn put her hand over her chest and pretended to faint on Hope. "Ohh," shouted Hope, obnoxiously. Tobin rolled her eyes, giving them a serious glare. "Wait, who," asked Ashlyn, quickly standing up straight again. 

Tobin took a deep breath, thinking about the night before. "Alex."

Again, Ashlyn pretended to faint, falling on Hope. "Jesus Christ, Tobin. Alex?" Hope was surprised, so was Ashlyn. "But how'd you get the lucky, first of all," wondered Ashlyn, standing up once again. 

"I'm not lucky, dude. She was drunk and she didn't know what was going on."

Hope and Ashlyn grinned and fist bumped each other. "That's freaking crazy, dude! We're proud of you," they said at the same time, which was really weird. Tobin groaned in frustration. "Guys, you don't get it! Our friendship is ruined and if Servando finds out, I'm dead!"

The two girl's smiles faded slowly. "First of all," started Ashlyn. "Fuck Servando. He's not gonna do squat. Second, it's not over Tob. Maybe she likes you a little bit but felt guilty because she cheated," she said.

"Yeah," added Hope. 

Okay, maybe they're right, she thought. "Why are you even sad? You made out with one of the hottest girls at school, dude," chuckled Hope, patting her friend's back, making her feel a little better. 

"True."

"I was thinking of taking a little vacation for a couple of months," said Tobin. "And skip school," asked Ashlyn. "Ash, my dad is the owner of the biggest businesses in the United States, I don't need school," she answered.

"Explains why you have this big ass house to yourself."

"Help me pack?"

The two friends looked at each other and shrugged before following Tobin to her room. "Where are you gonna go? When are you even leaving?"

"Well, I decided to go to New York. I'm leaving first thing tomorrow morning at 10."

Ashlyn frowned. "Well, aren't you going to say goodbye to everyone?"

"I'll stop by at school to say bye to everyone," replied Tobin, folding a pair of cargo shorts before stuffing them in the suitcase. "What about Alex," questioned Hope. 

Tobin took a deep breath and bit her lip, thinking about the girl. "I dunno."

(Author's Note)

"Oh nooooo Tobin's leaving"

Will she say bye to Alex? Or let her find out herself?

Find out on the next update!!