three

PART TWO; IVY, LOOKING GLASS
oh, poor alice.

rosalyn by bon iver
i know by tom odell

[warning: triggering chapter]

I didn't feel like myself lately, like I'd fallen through the rabbit hole and it wasn't at all wonderful, because I wasn't Alice, and I certainly didn't feel like a hero. I'd changed attire recently, instead off milky skin, I was swallowed in a brown cardigan and some black pants; I was going to convince everyone I was invisible, I didn't exist anymore. Nostalgia hit me harder than usual, seeing everyone so happy, carefree, laughing with their friends and fretting over their classes rubbed me the wrong way... I hadn't ever had that, why couldn't I have that?

Opening my locker, papers fell and cascaded toward the boring linoleum flooring, tears irritating my eyes. Someone though it'd be funny to ruin all my paperwork. Some looked at me in pity, while others just laughed as I cleaned it up and fast walked toward our history classroom. Sitting down I let out a breath, knowing I'd be safe from harm for at most an hour, safe from Jackson and my sister. Safe from the prying eyes of my childhood crush. As the teacher droned on and on, I scratched at my wrists, making small angry red marks that reminisced of when I would carve small red lines into my forearms. Sating that old habitual itch hadn't helped, and I was jittering in my seat, my heart making it hard to breathe. Calm down Pamela, a soothing voice whispered to me, it'll all be okay soon, and I believed her. Who are you, I would repeat in my mind, your savior, would be the only answer.

Looking back from my freshman memories as a sad girl, and walking through the halls now, everyone thought I was the same. Except now there were no voices, I just knew things and felt good, but I needed to look for something, do something.

"Ivy?" A male voice asked.

"Uh, hey Scott..." I smiled and spoke quietly.

"What are you doing here?" concern flashing in his eyes.

"I was wondering if you knew where Derek Hale lived..."

"Yeah, he lives in an apartment in the city, I'd love to take you there if you wanted," he happily replied.

"Oh, no it's okay Scott, I'll have to go by myself today, but I'd love to see you soon," I finished with a smirk and trailed my hand down his arm, laying on the thick charm.

"O-okay, see you soon," he said shakily, a blush on his cheeks. Ugh, if he would've been this into me when I wasn't crazy I wouldn't be doing anything to Derek, but I needed to understand.

"Bye cutie," I flashed a smile at him. He breathed out weekly again, and I felt bad for experimenting the whole 'sensual ivy' thing.

;;;

Derek's loft was nice, dank, but nice. It was comfortable, modern and very open. I was waiting for him in his living room, listening in for any signs of his return. Looking down at my hands, I see my veins looking more green than usual, a little sprout grew from my palm, causing my lips to curl in contentment. A groan was heard from the main door, a telltale sign Hale was here. I stood up ready to greet him.

"Who– Lydia?" He asked stupidly.

"God, everyone in this godforsaken town asks that damn questions. No my name is Ivy."

"Um... I'm gonna need you to get out of my house," he says coldly, his eyes flashing blue.

"Yeah, no can do, I'm gonna need your help sourwolf."

"With?"

"Here goes nothing..." I trail off as the sprout from earlier shoots off and creates entire patches of flowering bushes, thorny brambles, and large trumpets of flora.

"Oh my god," he whispers, "I don't know what this is, but it's not good

"Oh my god," he whispers, "I don't know what this is, but it's not good."

"I figured. I don't know what to do, I escaped from the Eichen."

"That's impossible."

"Obviously it isn't."

"Okay, well obviously you have an attitude along with the ability to create life."

"See I've got that already, what I need to know is how I get stronger."

"No– I shouldn't tell you," he tries to fight, but a foggy sheen shimmers in his eyes, "the Nemeton, you could harness the power there."

"Finally someone gives me an answer worth listening to," I say, and pace around the room, "so now that I know what to do, what kind of stuff have you been through lately Dere? Alpha packs and whatnot?"

"The Darach, a kanima, you know, normal Beacon Hills shit."

"Right, right. Good chat, hot stuff, but I'll be off. Have fun with those teen wolves."

"Wait–"

But I was too far gone by then, thinking of only a long sleep and my rebirth. Maybe I'd help the McCall pack, maybe I'd take over the town, it'd be up to Mother Nature after I took my well deserved nap.

And what I didn't know, was that I'd be awoken sooner than expected, masked men hovering over me, clicking noises and bubbling sounding loud in my ears.

sorry for the wait, but i lack so much inspiration sometimes.

feed back would be appreciated, sorry if this was triggering and short af.