A Budding Romance

So, I'm not actually serious about this "fanfic". This is a joke between me, nutellagrace, and PerksOfABookThief. I hope you guys sorta enjoy

...

Riley was sitting out on the playground, under the trees, reading a book. The serene atmosphere of the calm spring day washed over everyone, having an effect of peace, which was rare for the rowdy SRS students.

No one was running or screaming, they all seemed to be gone and that the world only consisted of Riley and her book. She closed her eyes, taking in the calm breeze that brushed her long, golden-brown hair.

It was just her and her book, until he came. She didn't notice the shadow cast upon her face, not until she heard his voice.

"Hey there" It was Lucas. Her cheek instantly heated up at the sound of his voice and presence. She opened her eyes, alarmed of his presence. She never thought he would notice her.

"Hello" she quietly replied.

"Whatcha reading there, Beautiful?" Her palms became sweaty. Beautiful? Riley was the only one that thought she was anything but beautiful. All her friends knew she was, but she didn't. His comment made her blush even harder, if that was possible.

"Um, I was just reading 'Flipped'" She loved that book. Her heart melting at the innocent romance between Juli and Bryce. This was her eighth time reading this book.

"Oh, isn't that a romance book?" Lucas questioned, raising his right eyebrow.

"Sorta...?" She said. He chuckled and sat down next to her, making her heart race.

"So... you like romance?"

"Yeah, any book really pleases me. All books make me happy really."

"So what if I was book?" He asked. What? Riley thought. What a weird question.

"I don't really know." She answered. How can she reply to that?

"Well you said that all books make you happy. So, if I was a book, wouldn't I make you happy?" What the? She thought.

"Yeah, I guess?"

"So, what if I was the only book in the world. That way, only I can make you happy" You could make me happy if you said you liked me, cause I know I do, she thought to herself. Little did she know, she was speaking her thoughts.

"Well, I do." Stated Lucas.

"W-what?" Riley said.

"I do like you"

...

And with that, Riley and Lucas had many, many, babies. The End.