The World is Ugly, but You're Beautiful to Me

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, Gee?"

"I lied. About those rumors being true. I, um... Nevermind..." The redhead trailed off, looking back at the line of ants before him.

"Are... Are you saying that Bert took your virginity?" Gerard nodded as the realization struck him. "That fucking bastard..." Frank seethed through clenched teeth. "I'm going to fucking murder him..."

"Frank, stop. It wasn't him- I consented. I told him it was okay." Gerard pleaded to deaf ears.

"He fucking hurt you, Gerard. A lot. That bastard isn't going to get away with it. Why the hell didn't you tell him to stop? Or did he just not listen?!"

"I did... I don't think he heard me, though. I couldn't just make him stop, Frank. If I did he was going to..." Gerard stopped talking. He couldn't let Frank know that he was scared of Bert hurting the shorter boy- it would only make him feel as though this mess was his fault. He bit his tongue.

"Going to what, Gerard? What could he have possibly done that could have been worse than hurting you? Physically and mentally? There is nothing in this entire goddamn world that's worth you being hurt. Yeah, this world is a fucking ugly place. It makes me sick. The world is ugly, but you're beautiful to me. Okay? You're the only good thing in this world. That's why I can't fucking see why you would let him to those godawful things to you. Please, tell me what he was going to do. I want to know what's so important to you that you could let yourself be seriously wounded over it. Please, fucking tell me!" He shouted.

Gerard was crying, and so was Frank. Gerard opened his mouth, but no sound came out. He had to tell Frank, he had to. "Do you really think I'm the only beautiful thing in this world?" Frank nodded slowly, wiping his eyes on the sleeve. "Well, then I guess you'd be wrong." Frank opened his mouth to protest, but Gerard held up a hand to keep him at bay, "you're wrong because you're beautiful, too. More beautiful than I am. And... And I let him do those... things... Because if I didn't, he said that he would... That he was going to hurt you. I couldn't let him do that. I knew he would go easier on me than you, and I had to. And I knew that if I told you, you would blame yourself or make a highly irrational decision and try to find Bert and that would only end with you getting hurt." Gerard looked at the boy beside him, his face broken as he stared down at the branch he was sat on. "I couldn't let you get hurt. I'm sorry."

"You... He- what? So he basically blackmailed you by threatening me?" Gerard nodded solemnly. "You're right. I am going to make an irrational decision." Frank quickly hopped down from the branch he was on and climbed down and out of the tree.

"Frank! What are you doing? Don't leave." Gerard pleaded, knowing exactly where Frank was headed- Bert's house.

---

Frank didn't turn around; not even to answer Gerard's pleas. He pulled out his cellphone as he ran, dialing one of his friends, who happened to be on the football team with Bert. "Hey Sam, you know Bert, right? Oh cool! Can you send me his address? Oh, I, uh, found a textbook with his name in it and thought I'd bring it back to the fucker... Ok great, thanks Sam," Frank ended the call and awaited the text containing the sleezeball's address.

It came a moment later, and, lucky for Frank, he knew exactly which neighborhood it was in, and it was only about a fifteen minute walk from where he was. Perfect.

He glanced behind himself, thankful that Gerard had given up chasing him. He knew he had to hurry, tho, as Gerard would probably know Frank's destination and would be there as soon as he got back to his car.

Frank rounded the corner that was the entrance to Bert's neighborhood and slowed down to a walk to catch his breath. He would need it in a few minutes. He hasn't really thought about what he would do once he got there- just one main goal: beat the living shit out of Bert McCracken.

He found the house with ease, smiling as he saw Bert's car in the driveway. He walked up to the front door and tried the handle- unlocked. Perfect.

He stepped inside and heard a noise he could pinpoint far too easily. Bert was having sex. And, technically speaking, Gerard and Bert were still dating. Bert was cheating on Gerard.

Frank took a step forward but was suddenly pulled back by his shirt. "What the fuck are you doing, Frank? You can't just walk in here and try to beat him up in his own house. Let's go, ok? And we can forget this ever happened," Gerard's familiar voice hissed in Frank's ear. But, instead of listening and walking outside, Frank grabbed Gerard's hand and told him to listen.

Gerard realized what was going on in the room just a few feet in front of them. He didn't care, no, but it still hurt. He didn't want to be with Bert, but it still fucking stung to know that Bert was having sex with someone else. They hadn't even 'broken up' yet. To Bert's knowledge, him and Gerard were still dating.

Gerard choked back a sob before regaining his composure and promptly walking up to the door that led into Bert's room. His hand paused at the handle, but with a mental 'fuck it' he gripped it hard and threw the door open, revealing Bert and some boy that Gerard didn't recognize.

"What the- Gerard?! What the hell?!" Bert paled as the other boy rushed to pull sheets over himself.

Gerard turned to the boy and spoke with a stone cold voice laced with venom, "Get out." The boy listened, and, after locating and putting on his boxers, darted from the room and out of the house. Gerard turned back to Bert, waiting for him to speak.

"I... Gerard I'm so sorry. He just... He threw himself on me, I didn't even-"

"Shut the fuck up. Save that bullshit for someone who cares. We're done." And with that, Gerard turned and walked out of the room, gesturing for Frank to follow suit. He didn't, and Gerard wasn't surprised. He went outside and sat in his car, waiting to see how much damage Frank inflicted on Bert.

Within five minutes, Bert ran out the front door ass naked and covered in blood. Frank followed suit, catching up to Bert with ease. Gerard smiled to himself, maybe things would be ok in the end.

***

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I didn't really have an 'idea' for this chapter, but I think it went ok :)

I have come to the recent realization that this book probably only has a few chapters left, which makes me both sad and excited.

It'll be the first fic I've finished, and I honestly had a lot of fun writing it and seeing how you guys liked it too

But all things must come to an end at some point I suppose, just like mcr ;-;

I may or may not update again today, I'll see how it goes

And, as always, please leave a vote or comment and I'll love you forever :)))))

Merci pour le Venin...