Bert the asshomo

Starting a new story because I have horrible writers block with my other one and idk I thought of a plot so why not? Updates will hopefully be weekly if not sooner... So yeah...

Enjoy or somethin...

***

"Gerard, c'mon we're gonna be late!" Mikey called to his older brother while stood at the door, backpack in hand.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" Gerard called, before stifling a giggle and adding, "that's what she said."

"Yeah, but not to you." Mikey snapped, chuckling as his brother shot him a scowl and they made their way outside. "Hey, can we pick up Pete on the way? I kind of promised him we would..."

"Ugh, fine... But next time you ask, I'm making both of you walk to school." Gerard replied before starting his car and cranking up the music. "Black Flag, nice." He remarked as he pulled out and started down the street towards Pete's house. I guess you could say his pullout game was pretty strong...

After picking up Pete, the three made their way towards hell on earth, also more commonly referred to as high school.

"Hey, Gee, we've gotta go talk to one of Pete's teachers, so I guess we'll see you at lunch or something..." Mikey muttered as they walked inside the building.

"Ok, catch you guys later..." Gerard called as the pair turned and walked in the other direction. He sighed before slipping in his earbuds and making his way upstairs. There's one place in the school with a large window that shows an overview of the cafeteria, and, consequently, it was Gerard's favorite place to people watch.

He looked over the crowd, over all the familiar faces of people he couldn't quite call his friends. Not that he minded, though, because he had friends, not many, but enough. They were all close, and that was all Gerard needed. He continued to glance over the hoard of people, one face in particular catching his eye. As he was looking at this person they happened to look right back at Gerard, and began to head towards the stairs, presumably to meet him.

"Hey, Gee!" Gerard turned towards the voice, and saw it did in fact belong to the person he had seen downstairs.

"Bert! Hey!" Trying to pass it off as cool and collected, but failing miserably.

"What are you doing up here all alone? You should come walk with me and my friends. I bet they'd like you..." Bert smiled as he pulled gerard into a tight hug. The two completely oblivious to the world around them.

"Oh, I uh... I usually come up here in the mornings. It's quiet and it clears my head."

"Oh, well the offer still stands. I know I'd really love it if you would walk with me in the mornings..." Bert pulled Gerard closer before letting go completely and walking back down the hallway and towards the stairs without so much as a wave in Gerard's direction.

Bert was a nice guy. Sure, he had his flaws, but then again so did everyone. It wasn't his fault he consistently forgot to text Gerard back, or say hi to him in the hallways at school. It was just how he was, and Gerard knew this. He accepted this. But he still longed for even the brief conversations that the two shared. He cared about Bert. And, ok, maybe he had a small crush on the guy. Who could blame him, though? He was attractive, a football player, sweet, funny, and everything anyone could want.

If you were gay, that is. A while back, Bert had made out with one of his football friends and 'forgotten' to say 'no homo', and was now one of the gayest motherfuckers to ever exist.

A shrill bell sounded and alerted Gerard that he should probably start heading to class. He scooped up his backpack and cranked his music to full volume before making his way downstairs and towards the art room.

"Good morning, Gerard." Miss Jackson smiled as Gerard scrambled to the back of the room to get in his seat before the other students came in.

"Good morning..." Gerard sighed, laying his head down on his desk. They weren't even halfway through first semester and he was already ready to be done. Being a junior wasn't all it cracked up to be- it was just loads more work. All he wanted was to be done with school, but no, he still had an entire year and a half left.

"Alright, class. We will be starting a new project on Monday, so this week will be be primarily preparing for that with the occasional sketch. Today you will have the entire period to draw a single emotion. No colors, just pencil. Whatever you create has to portray one emotion- be it anger, sadness, joy, passion, etcetera. Everyone clear?" The class nodded, "begin!"

Gerard stared at his blank sheet. There were so many possibilities, but only seemed to really make him feel something. He touched his pencil to the paper and started drawing a rough sketch. He had under an hour, so there wasn't much time to dawdle.

"Alright, the bell is going to ring in about 3 minutes so go ahead and put the finishing touches on your pieces, if you're already done you can turn them in at my desk." Miss Jackson smiled before sitting back down and vigorously typing yet again.

Gerard finished up the detailing on some of the cracks before deciding He was satisfied with it. He waited for the bell so he wouldn't have to be the only one standing in the class, just something he does. He waited for the others to pass by before heading to miss Jackson and handing it to her.

"Gerard... This is really good... You finished this in an hour?" She questioned.

"Y-yes..." Gerard stuttered.

"This is amazing. Best I've seen from a student with this assignment in a while. Good job." She smiled as he turned and exited the room with a smile on his face.

---

Gerard made his way to lunch to meet up with Mikey and their other friends. In all honesty, they were all Mikey's friends and Gerard had just sort of joined the group when he had no one else to sit with. They were all sophomores except for Gerard and Ray, and it was actually kind of nice.

"Hey," Gerard smiled as Ray and Patrick came up to greet him.

"What's up, dude? How's life?" Ray smiled as they walked towards the lunch line.

"Can't complain... I'm gonna go ahead and go out to the table, ok?" Gerard replied.

"Ok, we'll be out in a bit." The two made their way towards the cafeteria lines and disappeared into the crowd.

Gerard sat alone outside waiting for the others when suddenly a presence appeared next to him.

"Hey, Gee. You're all alone again." Bert smirked as he sat down.

"My friends will be out in a minute..." He responded.

"Those stupid sophomores? Dude, just ditch them. Come hang out with me and the guys." Bert nudged, pointing vaguely behind him.

"No, Bert. They're my friends. You can sit with us if you want to, though?" Gerard suggested, a small glint in his eye.

"Nah. I don't associate with nobodies. Later." And with that, he was gone.

Almost as soon as he had left, the 'group' came out. The group being Mikey, Pete, Ray, Patrick, Joe, and Andy.

"Dude. What were you doing talking to Bert? He's an ass." Pete muttered.

"It's whatever. We're kind of friends I guess." Gerard bent his head so no one would see his red tinted cheeks.

"Seriously, Gerard, guys like him are really shitty and if you're friends with them they will screw you over. Just saying," Ray gave Gerard a serious look before turning back to his food and beginning to dig in.

What did they know? Bert was cool. He wouldn't hurt a fly. Right?

***

(((((first chapter vibes)))))

Hope you guys enjoyed this... Idk it just kind of happened.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Seriously feedback would be awesome.

Ok well please vote/comment.

Merci pour le venin...