Back

Hermione went to talk to Ron that morning. He looked a lot better than before. He could walk now, but with a limp. He seemed excited to actually talk to Hermione. He was hoping for a chance that she would come back to at least talk with him. He was happy to get the chance, even if it was in the smelly hospital wing.
Hermione brought up the topic of what was going to happen when her and Fred got married, and he said he wasn't against it.
"I'm just not too fired up that I'm not the reason you'll become a Weasley." He said, rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb.
"I know you aren't. " Hermione said after a pause. What was she supposed to say?
He sighed and his hand plopped back down on his lap. He was lying in the hospital bed, and Hermione was seated next him.
"I'm sorry." Hermione added really quiet.
"I know." Ron said. "At least you didn't marry me, when you really wanted to be with my brother. You'd stay with me out of pity... Wouldn't you?"
Hermione didn't really know the answer to that. She probably never will. What if she did stay with Ron, even with Fred was crushing on her, and she crushed on him? Did she like Fred when she broke up with Ron? What would've happened if Fred didnt kiss her that night on her porch? What if she didn't break up with Ron that day in the Burrow? If she waited longer would he fight for her forgiveness? Would she still be with Fred? She didn't know.
She was just psyched that she had Fred. He was obviously meant for her. Besides, it didn't matter. It did happen.
"If you're taking this long to think I don't want to know your answer." Ron sighed again.
"I just don't know my answer." Hermione said truthfully. "Just a bunch of 'what-if's'."
"I'm sorry I said anything." He cleared his throat, which stung from all the yelling he had done the past few days.
"Don't be." Hermione said. She checked the clock above Ron's head. She was supposed to meet Fred a few minutes ago for breakfast. She'd have to finish up real quick.
"I hope we can still be friends." Ron said wistfully.
Hermione nodded. "Of course."
He gave her a weak smile. She stood, patting his good thigh and started to walk away from him, towards the door. She felt bad about her exit. She also felt bad because her and Ron will never be the same and she most likely hurt him.
She tried not to think about hurting Ron when she walked towards her fiancé. She glanced  down at her ring again, which was what she did when she didn't want to meet Ron's eyes. Ron, she thought.
The engraving "Mia" was the indescribably the sweetest thing she can think of. She was unable to explain why it meant so much. Saying that it was Fred's thing for her was too little of her. She would never be able to fully appreciate the meaning of the nickname. It was actually more than a nickname. She just felt in top of the world when he said it. 
  "Hey, Mia." Fred welcomed her to the Gryffindor table for breakfast. She sat right next to him, and they waited for Mrs. Weasley to come and accompany them to Diagon Alley to plan the wedding. It was great that she wanted to help Hermione and Fred have an amazing wedding.
"So, how did Ron take the news?" Fred asked, seeming nervous. Fred must have thought about it quite a bit.
"He didn't like it too much, but he accepts it." Hermione stated simply. She didn't want to explain what he really said. But she realized she would have to start telling Fred everything if they wanted a strong marriage. She didn't lie, she was trying to protect Ron from possibly getting beat up by Fred.
Fred let out a sigh of relief. Hermione remembered the way Fred acted to Ron's very possible death. She hadn't expected him to use reparo as a way to revive someone. What were the chances that he actually knew that? Did he just act with adrenaline pumping through his veins.
Hermione didn't care, as long as everyone was safe. She was informed by Ginny that Ariana's body was taken away by Professor McGonagall. She was delighted to hear that.
She grabbed Fred's hand. He pulled their entwined hands up and kissed the back of her's.
"Hello, you two." Mrs. Weasley rushed up next to Fred. "Ready to go?"
"Yeah." Fred and Hermione said together.
*****
"Harry!" Ginny repeated his name in different parts of the common room. "Harry Potter!"Ginny blew strands of hair out of her eyes.
She had been looking for Harry for about two hours. She had Neville check the dorms, and he wasn't there. As of right now, Ginny, Luna, Neville, Nova and Draco were looking for him. Neville was in the partly preserved library and the east half of Hogsmeade. Luna was searching in the classrooms, along with Nova. Draco was looking in the dungeons and in the west side of Hogsmeade. Ginny was looking anywhere she felt like. She and Neville were the only ones able to be in the Gryffindor common room so she was there.
"Have you seen Harry?" Ginny asked a few students in the corridors and in the common room. Nobody had seen him since Fred proposed. Maybe he was at the hospital.
Ginny ran as fast she could, jumping across moving staircases. She ended up running until she got to Ron's hospital bed. She started to say panting-"Have you seen-"
"Harry?" Ron finished. "No, I was waiting for him but he never showed up."
Ginny grew more worried. Where had he gone? Maybe he was looking for the resurrection stone. No, he promised Ginny he wouldn't do that without her.
"When's the last time you saw him?" Ginny asked.
Ron thought for a moment. He shook his head. "Last night, when Fred and Hermione got engaged." He choked slightly.
Ginny thought a while. He was gone, but where? Ginny turned to see Neville, Luna, and Nova walked through the doors of the infirmary.
"Anything?" Ginny asked frantically.
Neville shook his head. "No sign. Just Mrs. Weasley, Fred, and Hermione."
"Did they see him?" She asked hopefully. Neville shook his head again.
"Luna? Nova?" Ginny asked. They just gave solemn looks. Nova had tears in her eyes. "What if something bad happened to him?"
Luna wrapped her arms around Nova. Luna was trying her best to shush her, but Nova was too upset.
"Our best friend is missing. We need to do something!" Ron said. "I obviously can't though."
Ginny paid no mind to Ron's last comment. She ran with her wand out. She had no idea where she was going but she was determined to find Harry. She was panting like mad by the time she made it to Hogsmeade. She then apparated to the Burrow.
She was right outside the doorway, when she heard footsteps behind her. Ginny turned slowly, and saw Bill standing in the doorway.
She explained how Harry was missing and she doesn't know where he went. Bill comforted his little sister. "It's going to be okay."
"What if something really did happen to him?" Ginny shouted. "Okay, Bill. You don't know that everything will be fine. We are witches and wizards, nothing is 'okay', everything is chaotic. I hate that you just assume everything is okay even though people will take Harry away in a heartbeat, looking for revenge for Voldemort's death!"
Bill looked taken aback at Ginny's sudden outburst. "Ginny!" He gasped.
She sighed, and sat down in the grass. "I'm sorry, I'm just freaking out." She took deep breaths.
Bill looked back in the house, probably for a sight of Fleur. The house was quiet, and he turned back to Ginny in the grass. He sat down beside her. "Maybe someone did take him."
Ginny looked at him with irritation. "Bill!" His gaze shot from bugs in the grass back to Ginny. "Sorry." She said quieter.
"You're right." A voice said behind the two Weasley's. They turned quickly behind them, and Ginny shot up from the grass.
"What... But you, and... What are you doing here?" Ginny had her wand extended at the person in front of her.
"You're right. Harry was taken away. In his sleep." The person cackled.