Party

A/N: Lavender Brown is brought back to life, whether you knew she was dead or not. Just to let you know.

  About three weeks later, Fred was out of the house and into an apartment in a building near Hermione's house. Nobody, other than Ginny, Harry, Hermione, and the Weasley parents, knew that Fred was kicked out, rather than wanting to.
Fred's relationship with Hermione was strong. The occasional meetings, which were limited due to the moving in, and bumping into Ron, who was recently seen with Lavender Brown, which was weird, considering he couldn't stand her.
  Mr. and Mrs. Weasley haven't spoken a word to Fred since he moved. Fred didn't know if it was because of his fights with Ron, or just not enough time. He assumed it wasn't the latter.
"Fred?" Hermione was calling him on the phone in his apartment. Hermione had to teach him how to work it, and he could barely get it. Hermione just put herself on speed-dial. She told him to press 1, them talk. If there was a fire in the apartment to call 911 or to apparate out if he couldn't remember. Not to use magic, because muggles could figure it out. He still was allowed magic in his apartment, but nothing too big, like changing it size, for the muggles would get suspicious. Good thing he lived close.
"Hey, Mia." He said into the receiver.
"Hogwarts school year starts in three days! Can't wait, can you?" She squealed.
"I can't believe holiday went by that fast. I can't believe I have the chance to return." He said.
"Yeah, me either. You would think they'd overlook us. Well, at least they thought about you this year."
"Yeah," he said quietly. He felt weird, without George. It was a new experience. He hoped nobody will ask about him, or wonder where he is. He hopes nobody expects too many pranks out of him. He will definitely pull a few, in George's honor.  He was pacing, absentmindedly.
"- Hogmeade trips whenever we want. Even though thats only for weekends, not school days, but whatever. This is going to be awesome." Hermione was talking, and Fred started to listen in the middle of  her sentence.
"It will be." Fred hoped that was s good response.
"Yay! Do you have all of your stuff?"
"I think so." He went to find his list. He checked off everything he had bought, and noticed there was no boxes without a checkmark. "Yup."
"Great. We should have a party tonight. We can invite Harry, Ginny, Luna, Neville, and whoever else you want."
"Sounds good." Fred was barely listening. He was kind of in the mood to party, but he just wanted to be alone with Hermione.
"Great. I'll owl Harry now. See you later."
"Love you." Fred replied dully.
"You too." She said and hung up.
She grabbed her wand and apparated to the Weasley house. She apparated outside the sliding door of the kitchen. She heard something zip out from behind her ear. She whirled around and saw Ginny, Harry, Bill, and Charlie playing Quidditch. By the looks of it, it was Ginny and Bill versus Harry and Charlie.
"Hey Hermione." Charlie was the first to notice her. She looked up at him. He had a big dirt stain on his knee, probably, Hermione assumed, from a Bludger.
She gave him a little wave.
"TIMEOUT!" Percy was standing on the sides of the field. He was, apparently, the referee. "Hello, Hermione." He said.
Everyone rushed to the ground, and walked over to Hermione.
"What's going on?" Harry asked, leaning against his broom, a new Firebolt.
"Well, I am hosting a party for the Hogwarts students tonight. Fred for sure is coming, other than that, I haven't talked to anybody."
"Nice." Ginny said. "I'll bring pumpkin pasties, if you want."
"Great. Percy, Bill, Charlie, you're welcome to come." Hermione felt weird not inviting them. After all, they were Hogwarts students... Once.
"Nah, I got to go pack up for Romania tomorrow afternoon. Thanks though." Charlie said.
"Thanks, Hermione. But, I don't want to intrude, I'll just stay here." Bill sighed.
"Same. Too much Ministry work." Percy obviously made up an excuse. He didn't even work for the Ministry anymore.
"That's okay." She said. "Harry?"
"Sure. I'll owl Neville, Draco, Luna, Parvati and Padma-"
"Draco?" Hermione asked, shocked.
"Well, if you want. I mean, he's not that bad, I guess. We can have a chance to talk to him." Harry commented seriously.
"Yeah, okay. And his girlfriend?" Hermione asked.
"There's no doubt in my mind he'll bring her regardless." Ginny states.
"True. See you later. Please owl them, I have to prepare."
"You got it 'Mione." Ginny smiled, waving goodbye. Hermione was half-expecting a "Mia" rather than a "'Mione".
Hermione apparated to Fred's door. She walked in after a few knocks, to see him topless and in pajama pants, sitting on the couch.
"You can't wear that to the party." She giggled. "But I'm okay with it right now."
"Hey, Mia." He stood up. "I'm about to get in the shower, to get ready. We need, what? An hour or two before it starts?"
"Seems reasonable because setting up with magic is easy." She said.
"Alright. See you then." He sighed. They hugged for a minute or two. Fred was cold, probably from not having a shirt on. Hermione didn't mind though. They shared a quick kiss and Hermione apparated home.
She, using magic of course, cleaned, set up tables, drinks, food, excluding pumpkin pasties, which Ginny was bringing.
She cleaned her kitchen, and made a Hogwarts themed cake and brownie pan. They turned out good, with the Hogwarts crest in frosting and mini sugar owls. She put a spell on them so they'd stay kind of warm, but not too warm where it'd burn your mouth.
She moved her furniture in different positions, so it was easier to move around. She was only expecting about ten people, but you might as well go big or go home. Well, have no party since she was already home.
Hermione took a shower, and got dressed. She wore a blue v-neck and a black cardigan that was buttonless. She wore black leggings with it.
At about 5:00, Fred showed up in her living room. He was wearing a black tee shirt, and light blue jeans. And man did he look good.
"Hey Fred." She waltzed into the living room.
"Mia," he said, stretching out the "I".
They wrapped their arms around each other and kissed for a few moments. They let go when someone rang her doorbell.
"Come in." Hermione yelled pleasantly.
Padma and Parvati strolled into the entrance hall, and walked into the living room, joining Fred and Hermione. They were dressing in normal everyday clothes.
Ginny and Harry shortly followed in after the twins. They walked into the kitchen, dropping off the food she made. They walked together in the living room, too.
"Welcome, guys." Hermione said.
"Thanks for having us." Padma said.
"Hey, I didn't know you and Fred were together." Parvati said. "I thought you were with Ron."
"No, that ended awhile ago." Hermione said flatly. Fred squeezed Hermione's hand, obviously upset by the upbringing of his brother.
"So..." Ginny said awkwardly. She was rocking on her feet.
Padma stood by her sister awkwardly. She must not have told her sister about her and Ron, because they weren't together anymore.
"Well, if you guys are hungry, there's snacks in the kitchen, but don't eat the cake or brownies yet." Hermione said, trying to get a conversation going.
"Okay," Padma looked happy to get out of the awkward state.
They began eating snacks, and had music playing quite loudly in the back round. Luna and Neville showed up, but they, apparently, aren't dating. Hermione was saddened by that news because they were perfect for each other. Maybe they'll realize it.
At about 7:00, the doorbell rang.
"I'll get it." Hermione said, walking away from everybody dancing.
She opened the door, revealing Draco and Ariana. They were dressed nicely.
"Hello, Granger." Draco said.
"Hi, Draco, hi Ariana." Hermione greeted, moving out if the way letting them in.
"Oh, Hermione, right?" Ariana asked. Hermione nodded. "I love your house. It's great, nice, open concept. Do mind doing me a favor?" She asked.
"Sure, what's up?"
"Do you mind introducing me? I don't know many people, considering Draco hasn't been the nicest to you guys."
"Of course. Come with me." Hermione led her to the crowd of people in her house.
"Ariana, these are my best friends- Ginny, and her boyfriend, Harry." She beamed when she saw Harry.
"Harry Potter! Pleasure," she said.
"Nice to meet you." Ginny and Harry said in sync.
"So how long have you and Malfoy been dating?" Harry asked.
"Um..." Ariana thought for a second. "About three-four months."
"Nice." Ginny said. "What?" She asked after Harry gave her a weird look. He shook his head.
"Well, I better go find Draco." Ariana shuffled away. Hermione followed her.
"Ariana," Hermione called her. Ariana turned around. "Do you wanna talk for a while?"
"Uh... Sure." The two sat on the couch. People around them were yelling, and partying harder than they normally would, but they must have been a little drunk from the drinks Hermione put out.
"So, how come Draco just met you if you are in Slytherin house? I mean, I don't know all the Gryffindors by name, but I mean I would recognize them."
"Actually, I have not been Sorted yet. I transferred from Beaubatons, I'm part French. McGonagall arranged for me to be Sorted first. It's weird, I know. But I took a small Summer class with Professor Flitwick and Binns, to see what Hogwarts was like." Ariana said, looking back, unconsciously, at Luna, dancing with Neville. I knew it, Hermione thought, looking at the two.
"Oh, I didn't think-"
"It's cool." Ariana laughed. "So, do you have a boyfriend? I thought Harry was but, I guess not."
"I do actually. He's here somewhere." Hermione said looking around. "Oh!" She said spotting Fred. "Fred!"
He looked up from his third helping of cake. He spotted Hermione and walked over to her.
"How are you, Mia? You just left me dancing alone." He wasn't exactly sober anymore.
"Fred, calm down. This is Draco's girlfriend, Ariana." Hermione said, scooting over a bit to let him sit down.
"Oh cool. Tell me, how did you end up with that Death Eater?" Fred asked.
"Fred!" Hermione shouted.
"What?" He took another bite of his cake.
"It's okay. I know about Draco's... Past." She said rolling down her long sleeves further.
"No it's not. Fred's just not sober right now. He wouldn't act like this, terrible first impression, really." Hermione babbled, brushing cake of Fred's cheek.
"It's okay. I could go for a drink." Ariana said, standing up.
The two girls walked over to the firewhiskey in the kitchen. They helped themselves and began more small talk about Hogwarts. Ariana said that she's going to try out for Quidditch this year, and Hermione will encourage Fred to, after McGonagall gave the 'okay' on it.
"Hey, Hermione, we should go shopping in hogsmeade when we get to Hogwarts."
"Sounds great. Oh, more whiskey!" Hermione said, pouring herself a fourth glass, and Ariana did the same.
The two had a few more glasses, and went to join their friends, or in Ariana's case "acquaintances", dancing, spilling whiskey and alcohol.
Hermione usually didnt drink this much, but she needed to live a little. This is to them, to Hogwarts.