Confused

Draco's mother finally owled him back the day after he met Ariana. The letter said-
Dear Draco,
I'm so sorry I never told you about your cousin Nova. It was a difficult time, and if anyone knew about her hiding, she would be put in more danger. I feel really bad not telling you, but she would have been branded a Death Eater. She's too young for that, she's a young girl who still doesn't know much about magic.
Tell her I said hello.
Love you,
Mum
Draco slightly understood why she did what she did. But she could've told him this summer. Nova was alone, probably very bored.
He didn't have time to think about her. He had to focus on his potential death. The battle that is going to take place will most likely get him killed. He swapped sides, he will be killed. No doubt in his mind he was going to be. The thought kept revisiting him. He shuddered at the thought creeping up again.
*****
Fred woke up in the hospital wing the next morning. He didn't open his eyes right away, though. He heard faint hushed voices. He knew there wasn't people visiting him. The only person he wanted to visit him, reluctant to admit, was Hermione.
Hermione, Fred thought. Why her? Damn it Fred, you're going to hurt yourself.
He tried to stop thinking of her again, in attempt to not overload his body again. His head, he could feel, had an icepack on it. He was probably burning up, or he bumped his head severely.
He opened his slowly, and when they were fully opened, he got pulled into a big hug. He knew right away it wasn't Hermione. He got a glimpse of blonde hair. It was Nova.
"Are you okay? What happened? I've been here for an hour. I missed my first class. Oh well, it's Friday after all." Nova babbled.
"I'm alright." Fred simply answered. "Why did you wait here for me?"
Nova blushed. She shrugged, not meeting his eye. She thought of Fred as a big brother or a best friend. She didn't want to tell him that though. She didn't intend on weirding him out.
They've only been friends for a few weeks, but Nova's never had a friend to care about. She was happy with being his friend. Fred obviously had friends, tons of them. He probably didn't think he'd think of her like a sister. He has lots of siblings anyways. He barely showed sibling affection towards them. Plus, he probably just thought of her as a little kid looking for attention.
Fred smiled. "You better get to class." He broke her thoughts.
Nova shook her head. "I'm staying to help you. Madam Pomphrey sent a note out to my teachers. She wants me to help you." Nova said.
Fred shrugged, too. "Fine, then." He responded.
The two played wizard's chess, and talked a bit. Nova talked about how she lived in a hidden room in Malfoy Manor. She also lived in Grimmuald Place, secretly. There was no way Death Eaters could find her. Her existence was a secret. Only Narcissa knew.
Fred was intrigued by her story. Her last name was changed, too. Fred felt bad for her. She never had any communication with anyone. She was isolated.
"If I knew about you I would've taken you with me, George, and Lee. I would've helped you, Nova. Really," Fred said honestly.
She nodded. "Thanks," she said.
"Nova, is something wrong?" Fred asked, noticing the dim look in her stormy eyes.
"Fred," she had to tell him. "I think of you as a best friend, maybe a brother. I really care for you, you're so nice to me. You care about what I have to say, and you notice when I'm down. You get what I'm saying. Maybe I'm overshooting this, and if I am, it's because I've been alone for pretty much all my life." She said quickly. "I didn't want to tell you because you'd think I'm just a kid looking for attention."
Fred looked in her eyes. "I don't think you're a kid looking for attention. You're the sister I never had."
"Excuse me," Ginny walked in behind them. "I'm your sister." She started laughing.
"Ginny!" Fred acknowledged her. She walked over and handed Fred a pumpkin pasty. He unwrapped the food, devouring it.
"Hey, Nova." Ginny greeted, giving Fred a weird look.
"Hi, Ginny. I better be going. Bailey, my roommate, needs help with potions. I better help her." Nova left with an awkward wave.
Ginny stayed with Fred to talk for a few minutes. She left for dinner.
Fred was left alone. There was no other students staying in the hospital. He was alone, Madam Pomphery was getting dinner herself, then some for Fred. He laid there with his eyes closed. He heard the doors open, but he didn't move. He pretended to sleep, ignoring whoever it was.
****
Hermione heard from Ginny that Fred was alone in the infirmary. Hermione decided to sneak off to see him in the hospital wing. It was weird, she had to see him. She knew she needed to. Even if he didn't visit her.
"I'm going to the library." Hermione said.
Harry and Neville nodded. She trotted down to Fred.
Why are you going? You're crazy, stop. He doesn't want to see you. Even if he was looking at you in DADA.
When her mind was arguing with itself, her legs took her to the infirmary.
Hermione stop!
She opened the doors, revealing a sleeping Fred. She crept up to the chair beside his bed. She sat quietly, handing on her lap. She looked at him. She wanted to talk to him, but she felt like a git. She reached out and ran her fingers through his fiery hair. She missed this.
Hermione was startled, hearing footsteps in the corridor near the hospital wing. She turned back to Fred. She kissed him lightly on the cheek and said- "I miss you." She got up and broke out into a run out of the hospital wing.
Fred opened his eyes and sat up. The door was already shut before he could say something. He caught a glimpse of her hair flying behind her. He hadn't been more confused than in this moment.
************
Fred was let out Saturday morning. He was a little tired, but other than that he felt fine.
He ran out to Hogmeade for some butterbeer. He made it there in about twenty minutes. He sat down and ordered. He scanned the room, just for something to do. What he didn't expect was Ron to be sitting down with Luna Lovegood.
Fred was ticked. Why would Luna be with Ron? Fred shot out of his seat, and ran towards the two.
"What are you doing?" Fred shouted at both of them.
"Hi, Fred." Luna said dreamily.
"Why are you here?" He pointed a finger at Ron.
"Luna wanted to talk. I wanted to drop by and visit my girlfriend, too." Ron spat.
"Luna's your girlfriend?" Fred asked.
"No!" Luna jumped up.
Luna explained how she was helping Ron with some issues he's been having with his family. Mostly Fred, nobody else.
"Oh," Fred answered. "Who's your girlfriend?" He remembered that part.
"Hermione." He stated simply.
Fred was even more mad. He stormed out of the Three Broomsticks, and ran back to Hogwarts castle. Ron wasn't dating Hermione. She said she missed him. Maybe she thought he was better than Ron, but Fred wouldn't take her back. She probably was dating Ron. He started to get emotional. His eyes were starting to water. No! She couldn't have been dating him.
He ran into Hermione and Ginny in the Entrance Hall.
"Hey Fred." Ginny said.
"Are you okay?" Hermione asked, looking at the tears on his cheeks. She wiped them from his cheeks.
"Ron," that's all Fred could say.
Hermione gave Ginny a nervous look, which Ginny returned. What happened?
"Hermione," Fred pulled her into a hug, Hermione wasn't expecting. She hugged him back, questioningly. Before Hermione could ask he kissed her passionately. Hermione kissed him back.
Ginny stood there, turning away from them.
"Are you dating Ron?" Fred asked, once he managed to break away from her.
"Ew, no!" Hermione answered.
He kissed her again.
****
Ariana overheard Fred and Hermione talking in the Entrance Hall. Ron and Fred liked her! Awesome, now she knows what to do. The war can start.
She ran off to find Draco. Draco was sitting in the Slytherin common room. He was reading a book that he took the paper cover off, so the title was only on the spine, not the cover.
"Draco, let's go!" She demanded.
"What?" He slammed the book shut, standing up.
"Get in the astronomy tower. We are calling the Death Eaters. It's time!" Ariana smiled evilly.