11.

Going into public places is hard. Not knowing if people remember you, know who you are, or who you're related to...it's all hard. Especially at the grocery store. Each aisle I walked down, I felt a pair of eyes on me. I heard whispers too.

"I wish you people would mind your business." I mumbled.

I tried to make the process go faster by picking two things up from each aisle. Nine times out of ten I wasn't picking up anything that was useful or needed. I rushed down the aisle ways trying my best to gather the things Bre told me to get for dinner.

"Noodles, Ragu, butter, and..." I read the list aloud, checking my basket for each item.

"Um, excuse me." Someone tapped me.

"What?" I spun around with an attitude.

"I was just going to tell you that you dropped your wallet but..." His face scrunched up.

"Sorry 'bout it." I nervously laughed.

He had to be the finest human being I've ever seen.

"No problem. I'm Blake." He held out his hand.

His eyes were beautiful.

"Bahja." I shook his hand.

He was just a beautiful individual as a whole.

"Nice to meet you beautiful." He flashed those beautiful pearly whites.

"You also." I cheesed.

"Well...see you later." Blake chuckled.

"Bye." I giggled.

I turned to walk away but Blake stopped me.

"I know this is weird and you don't really know me like that but I just can't leave you alone without getting to know you better. May I take you out to lunch?" Blake bit his bottom lip.

"I-yeah. Sure. What time?" I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Is now okay?" He shifted his weight.

"Yeah. It's fine." I smiled

"Do you want to meet me up there or?" Blake asked.

"I walked here." I intertwined my sweaty hands. It was getting pretty hot in this store.

"Oh. Perfect. We can ride there together." He flashed those pearly whites once more.

I think I'm going to melt....

"Here I'll help you out. I only came here to get some sour patches anyway." Blake laughed.

"I love sour patches!" I said as I handed Blake my shopping basket.

"I guess that's something we have in common." He looked into my eyes making me internally cry.
"Wait." I stopped him.

"What's wrong?" Blake raised an eyebrow.

"Before this goes any further, I have a son." I bit my lip.

"And I love chilly cheese fries." Blake said

"What?" My head tilted in confusion.

"I was going to tell a joke but I forgot." He scratched his neck.

"You're a mess." I laughed at his forgetfulness.

He stopped in front of me.

"Bahja, you having a son won't stop me from dating you. I love kids." Blake smiled.

I was speechless. The only answer I could give him was a smile.
-

"No way! That did not happen!" Blake was dying of laughter.

"It did. I was so embarrassed!" I covered my face at the memory.

"Well you know-" he was cut off by his alarm.

"It's 5:30. I have to get going. I'm sorry." Blake rushed.

"It's fine." I gave a fake smile.

"Actually...would you like to come?" Blake wiggled his eyebrows

"Where?" I laughed.

"My basketball game." Blake said

"Basketball game?" I knitted my eyebrows.

"I thought you knew...I'm a basketball player. I play for the LA Clippers." Blake said.

"Oh. I surely did not know that." The information was a bit hard to take in. I thought he was a regular guy...now I have to deal with fame all over again. But I'm willing to do it for him.

"Sure. I'll go." I nodded.

"Yes! Let's get going. I can't be late or I won't be able to play." Blake payed for our food and then we left.

On the way to the basketball center, Zayden called.

I pressed decline.