"Hey, you guys know Tyler right?" I said, pointing at him.

As soon as I said this, Seth turned around to look at us. I stared back at him while Kian, Tyler and Kyla engaged in small talk. His arms were crossed over his chest while his body was leaning against the table. Not going to lie, he does look good.

No, no, he doesn't, Ava.

His eyes were focused onto mine and it just brought back memories of the night we sat on the beach and how I refused to look at him. When I did, though, I just knew that I really did like him. That was something I was happy about until, you know, he decided to be a jerk.

"Ava, what do you think?" I heard Tyler ask.

I blinked and looked away from Seth, focusing on Tyler. "Pardon?"

"What'd you think about sappy, romantic movies?" he elaborated.

My eyebrows pulled in together. I zone for less than two minutes and somehow, the conversation has already escalated to romantic movies. I was about to answer but Ms. Elaine saved me.

"Alright everybody, supplies are on the tables next to me. The sinks are filled with the equipment that needs to be washed, please be careful with the equipment made out of glass. The rest of you can help organise the shelves and clean up the tables and windows," she instructed, being the complete opposite of Ms. Shay who was so very appreciative of our help.

"What do you want to?" Tyler asked as everyone gathered near the supplies table. I was aware of Seth's presence right behind us. "Clean the tables again?"

I shrugged. "We could. I don't mind cleaning the windows for a change."

Tyler agreed and we got the necessary supplies for cleaning the windows. We got to work while I tried my very best to ignore Seth and his constant gaze on us. As for Tyler, he didn't notice Seth's odd behaviour at all but then, why would he?

It was surprising to me that I managed to get so comfortable in such a short amount of time. I guess I just really enjoyed his company which didn't happen with me that often. Very few people manage to make it to my 'people I don't want to stab' list in the first try.

We were in the middle of an interesting conversation when a lady stepped into the room.

"Sorry to interrupt your class, Ms. Elaine but could I know if there's a Tyler Holt here?" she asked, waiting in the doorway.

"Um, yes, that's me," Tyler spoke up.

"Mr. Harvey would like to see you now," she said, making Tyler's eyebrows pull in together.

"Okay," he said slowly and unsure.

I raised an eyebrow at him, questioning what was wrong but he simply shrugged in response.

"I hope everything's okay," I mumbled as Tyler left his rag and spray bottle on the table nearby and made his way to the lady.

What could possibly make Mr. Harvey want to pull Tyler out of detention to talk to him? Shaking my head, I went over to the sink to wash the dirty rags. While I was washing them, someone stood next to me and used the other sink. I looked up to see none other Seth and tried my best not to groan out loud. All of a sudden, the rags in my hands became much more interesting than they were a few minutes ago.

"You seem to be enjoying detention so far," I heard Seth say next to me.

After a moment of silence, I looked up and realised he was talking to me. "Oh, I'm sorry; you're talking to me now?" I asked, ignoring the tiny voice in my head that said I sounded like a bItch.