Fight For Me- Chapter 17

“Rikki? Is that seriously you?” he questioned. I wanted to smack him upside the head.

            “Who the fuck do you think I am? Of course it’s me!” I furrowed my brows at him.

            “Oh... urm, you look good?” he rubbed the back of his neck and I sighed angrily before shaking my head.

            “What can I get you to drink?”

            “Um, I’ll have a water,” Brandt grumbled.

            “Coke please!” the other voice chuckled. I looked over and it was Caspin. He had cut his hair short and his accent wasn’t as strong, but it was still there. He looked better with longer hair. “Well isn’t this awkward.”

            “Ha ha,” I muttered dryly. Caspin was too busy laughing at his own joke. I stalked away towards the kitchen, getting the drinks and passing them out to the correct tables. When I went to put down Brandt’s drink, I may have accidently spilt it on him. Woops.

            “Oh my gosh! I am so sorry, please let me help!” it was such a fake apology that I got weird looks from everyone else around, while Caspin laughed his ass off. I guess I shouldn’t look into acting.

            “No, just give me the damn towel,” Brandt spit through his teeth and pulled the towel out of my hand and patted the front of his pants and shirt.

            “So, do you boys need more time or can I take your order?” I fake smiled and Caspin busted out laughing again. Brandt grumbled about needing more time and I left laughing. I went to the kitchen, placing in the orders and then went to help with the people at the bar. My manager, Harold, looked like he was having trouble.

            Time went slowly, and before I knew it, Scott strolled into the diner and plopped down in the bar stool across from me and smiled at me. I nervously glanced towards Brandt’s table, not wanting a conflict, because he was still here.

            “Hey babe, what’s wrong?” he gave me a concerned look. I smiled.

            “Nothing. Whatcha doin’ here?” I leaned on the counter top, resting my head on my arms. He brushed some hair out of my eyes before chuckling. I felt eyes on me and Scott. I was too scared to look that way in case Scott did too. Even though I was sure he probably wouldn’t remember them. There was still a chance he would.

            “I’m here to pick my gorgeous girlfriend up from work. Her shifts been over for a good 10 minutes now,” he laughed as I checked my watch immediately after he said that. I laughed.

            “Woops, usually I’m running out of here. Give me a minute to just check on everyone before I leave,” I walked around the tables, saving Brandt and Caspin for last.

            “Just so you know, Alli will be taking over my shift. I’m getting off for the night. Anything I can get for you last minute?” I prayed they’d say no. Brandt looked at me, looking torn about something. He closed his eyes, sighed, then before I knew what was happening, he was hugging me.

            “Can I call you tonight?” he whispered in my ear. “We need to talk. We can’t just act like nothing happened.” He pulled me away from him. He kept his hands on my shoulders. I nervously looked at Scott, who was standing, looking very angry. I backed out of Brandt’s grip.

            “Yeah, sure, I gotta go. I guess I’ll talk to you later,” I muttered before walking straight to Scott, who already started walking this way.