Four ↯ "Did his Mom dropped him when he was a baby?"

Apollo

I should be asleep.

I was told to go to my flat, get some rest. Easier said than done. Instead of getting rest I sat on my bed with my tablet in my lap and wrapped up in an old sweatshirt, that Artemis used to wear, because she didn't have own clothes. I kept staring at the picture. Not even the vital signs, that clearly showed thirst and hunger. I kept staring at the picture. If I would've forbid her to sneak around, maybe she would be still with me. I could've caused a panic as soon as the first dropships to earth started and brought our family on it.

What if it wasn't safe on earth? What if there were wild animals, that survived the Catalysm? What if the radiation wasn't deadly in the first days but later? What if she wasn't careful for a second and gets killed?

Tears swelled up in my eyes. I brought my hand up to rub my nose and dry my eyes.

"Why her and not me?" My voice cracked in the whisper.

The door opened creaking. Dad came in with exhaustion written all over his face.

"Wanna give me a summary?" I asked weakly.

"Shouldn't you be resting?" He countered.

"How could I sleep, when Artemis' survival is uncertain?" I put the tablet on the pillow.

"The Chancellor has been shot." Dad sat down on his bed opposite from me. He unstrapped his gun, putting it to the side and took off his jacket.

"Prick had it coming." My voice held no emotion. "Anything else?"

"Kane is now temporary chancellor which I really fear because this man is the real danger to the ark unlike Jaha." Dad shot me a glare, to show that he disapproved my opinion of the Chancellor.

"I hear on your tone that there's more. Don't make me look it up. I'm not in the mood." I turned my head to the tablet, checking on Artemis' vitals fastly, before turning back to Dad.

"How's Artemis?" He dodged.

"Just peachy. You know, as peachy as it gets with 99 other criminals, extreme hunger and thirst, being fu.king handcuffed." I knew about Artemis being handcuffed because I watched Dad bring her into the dropship by hacking into the securety cameras. I didn't saw my sister for 3 years, sue me.

"99 prisoners and 1 janitor of age criminal with a gun." Dad put his head in his hands. Exhaustion was visible in his body language.

"Janitor? How did he get a gun? And why?" My eyebrows scrunched together.

"Bellamy Blake. He is the big brother of the girl under the floor, you know, Octavia Blake. I would like to know how he got a gun, too, though. Shumway took over for me, said I needed some sleep. Also did I mention that Kane got Abby arrested?"

"Rest." I chuckled sarcasticly. "What a great joke. But that Abby thing... That's such bullshit. What is wrong with Kane? Did his Mom dropped him when he was a baby?"

Dad couldn't help but chuckled at my last sentence. "Probably. The only thing she did was using too much of anesthetic on Jaha. And blood I think. I don't know about medicine and stuff."

Silence took over. We just sat there for a while. The last time we talked that much was when Artemis was still there. When Dad still came home before I went to sleep, when he didn't drowned himself in work just because he couldn't face me. After Moms death, he didn't have a choice but to care. He had to care for Artemis and I. If he hadn't people could've found out about her and he would've been floated. But when Art was taken from us, I was already old enough to care for myself. So everyday Dad came home past midnight, when I was already asleep.

"We won't get any rest, will we?" Dads voice came in an whisper.

"I'm gonna wait 'til I pass out from exhaustion, doesn't that sound like fun?" I answered.

The silence came again. But I didn't want it. I didn't want to let this moment go. I had luck that Dad spoke up.

"Do you ever imagine what earth looks like? Close up and Real, not like the pics on the e-book readers, you used in school." He watched me in curiousity.

"No. I don't imagine the looks. I imagine the smells and the noises. What the natural oxygen will feel like on my skin." I smiled sadly. "She can see it, feel it, smell it, hear it. Right now."

"We will make it to earth, too, Apollo. We will see her again." He stood up and walked over to me. His hand found its place on my shoulder as he sat down next to me.

"What about the gaia doctrine?" I asked simply.

"On earth there will still be the possiblity to run away." A sheepishly smile formed on his lips.

"Wow, and you call yourself head guard. Damn Dad." I joked.

"Son, you are the head guards child and you do things against the law everyday." He raised his eyebrow at me.

"I'm at least smart enough to get through with it. The real goal is not to live perfectly by the rules. It's to do illegal things so smartly that the rules bend for you." I gave back grinning.

He shook his head. "You are just one of a kind." A kiss was placed on my forehead and Dad went back to his bed. "I'm going to sleep, Apollo. Try to get some sleep as well, alright?"

"There's another one of my kind called my sister and she's worse." I argued and took the tablet from my pillow.

"Good Night, Apollo." He replied plainly but a smile was clearly heard.

"Good Night, my dear father." I said mockingly, while getting comfortable in my bed.

I didn't plan on sleeping so soon. There were too many thoughts anyway. Like how I would get along with the council if Abby wasn't there. Abby may not be an Angel, especially because she backstabbed her own husband, but she wasn't stupid. She was the one most likely to listen to me. And with Kane on the lead a lot of others will change their mindset completly. I was scared for the hundred and my sister, hell even for that Bellamy guy. He probably only shot Jaha to protect his sister on earth. If only I would've had that idea. Now Artemis might die on earth and it would be on me. Because I didn't protect her.

Even though I didn't want to fall asleep. After a while of blaming myself for everything, I eventually did.

[word count: 1123]