Three ↯ "I might kill him."

Artemis

The next thing I knew I sat in the dropship, fiddling with those stupid handcuffs.

"Handcuffs? What did you do? Murder someone?" A male voice came from next to me. My eyes met a dark skinned boy with a beanie on his head and mocking brown eyes.

"Yes, now stop talking to me." My voice was still raspy and rough from not using it alot in a long time.

"Oh, c'mon. What did you really do? Tell me, I'm curious." The boy nudged my side, right when there was a slight movement in the ship.

"What was that?" I kept talking low. It was easier for my throat than loud talking. The handcuffs started cutting into my wrists when I started to freak out.

"I guess we started." The boy shrugged watching me intensly as if I were a riddle he was trying to solve.

"Like Apollo always did."

I ignored the voice in my head but growled, more at the handcuffs that were restricting my wrist but also at the annoying little voice.

"What's your name? I'm Nathan Miller, call me Miller though." The boy started getting friendly. I stopped my movement to shoot him a sceptical glare. People who weren't family only were nice to manipulate me.

"Who cares about your name?" I huffed getting more aggressive by the second. The dropship shook hardly. Somewhere in the ship was exclaimed that it was the earths atmosphere.

"Wait, are you Artemis Jacobs?" The boys tone took on a scared note. That's right, my dear, be scared of me.

"Do you know who else is on the ship?" I finally stopped trying to get off the cuffs. And looked up at Miller.

"Well, I saw the Chancellors Son, the other solitary girl. I don't know the most others." The fear in his voice was less hearable now. I wanted to ask for my brother, but I couldn't show any affection to anyone. They would only use it to hurt me. Or them.

"Are we alone? Only delinquents?" My eyes were fixated on Miller, trying to get all of the information he had.

"I think. Didn't saw any guards yet." Miller admitted. He looked around. "At least on this level are none. They probably only want to get rid of us. The things the chancellor said in this video message? Complete Bullshit if you ask me."

I hesitated a moment. "I don't have good memories about interacting with other people." I said, testing Millers reaction.

He nodded, obviously understanding. "You didn't have any contact with anyone good, did you?" Pity took place in his eyes.

Before I could answer, there was a huge rumble and then silence. People started standing up and going into the level under ours.

"Hey greek goddess." Miller was still next to me helping me loosing the strap. "How about we are allies? I bet you'll need some help with the human contact you're about to suffer from." A cocky smile took place on his face.

"I'm not good in trusting people." I simply said, not wanting to give him an answer yet. First I needed to check the situation out. If I didn't really needed him, I would stay away from him.