Chapter 13: Aunt Hannah

"Did he say what he was hunting?" Sam asks as Dean tears down the road.

Dean shakes his head. "No. But he sounded like he was in danger. And that he might be hurt."

I swallow hard and look out the window. Please be alive when we get to you, I think to myself. He can't die. He's got to be alive. And safe. Oh, God, please let him be safe.

It takes almost three days to get to Tulsa where Michael had called us. We drive around until we find his blue mustang parked in front of a motel. After Sam works his charm to find out which room Michael was staying in, we go and Dean bangs on the door.

"Michael!" Dean yells. "You in there?" After no answer, Dean backs up and then kicks the door open. I gasp at the interior. Everything is broken. A table is smashed to pieces and the bed sheets are completely torn up. The mattress leans up against a wall and a mirror is broken into several miniature pieces.

"Michael?" I say, walking into the room.

"Hey," Dean says, putting a hand on my shoulder, his eyes searching the ground. "Watch where you step. I don't want you to get hurt."

I nod and pick my way carefully through the room. Sam and Dean follow me in, closing the door behind them. "Michael?" I say again.

I'm on the other side of the room when I hear a slight gasp. "Michael!" I run to the mattress and push it away from the wall. Michael sits half way in and half way out of a hole in the wall. Blood cakes his face and his shirt is in tatters. He gasps again, as if trying to say something, but nothing comes out.

"Hey," I say, sitting down next to him. "You're okay. You're going to okay."

Dean comes over and pushes me away, Sam behind him. "Lay that bed out, Emma," Sam says. I do as I am told and position it on the floor. The boys pick Michael up and lay him down on the bed.

"What the hell happened?" Dean asks, looking around the room.

Michael coughs and I sit down next to him. Sam goes into the bathroom and comes back with a damp rag, handing it to me. I begin to clean the blood off his forehead. "He needs water," I say. "Who knows how long he's been sitting there."

Dean leaves the room and then comes back with a bottle of water. Sam helps Michael sit up so that he can drink the water. After drinking a little bit of it, he coughs again and takes the bottle from Sam. "Thanks," he says, his voice scratchy sounding.

"What happened?" Sam asks, concern lacing his words.

Michael shakes his head. "I don't know. I came here on a case, completed it, and then something else started happening. I don't know what, but all I can hear are high pitched screams. I know it's not natural, which is why I called you guys."

Sam thinks for a moment and looks up to Dean. "Think it could be a banshee?"

"What the hell is a banshee?" I ask.

"They're like a female ghost creature. They give off high pitched screams, making sure that only their victims can hear it. These screams causes their victims to bash their heads into a wall or something similar, initially causing them to commit suicide," Dean says, crossing his arms. "Now why the hell would a banshee be after you, kid? Piss off any women recently?"

Michael shakes his head. "I have no idea," he says. He struggles to sit up, but when Sam pushes him back down. "The screams were driving me insane. I saw her last night. She looked pissed."

Sam laughs nervously. "She's probably pissed that you're still alive."

"How do we kill it?" I ask.