Things We Lost in the Fire

Start from the beginning

"Damon, it's not real." I whispered shaking my head at him as he scoffed back at me.

"I know it's not real! None of this is real!" Damon yelled angrily, grabbing my wrist and twisting it in his hand. I groaned in pain and yelled out before he twisted my head in his hands.

-Time Skip-

"Mariana." Damon's voice stated, echoing through the halls and I slowly sighed at it. "Mariana." He said again, louder this time and I rolled my eyes, giving in.

"Yeah. I heard you." I pointed out, walking out of the living room and into the hall to see Damon sitting on the floor as his hands were chained to the stairs railing above him.

"No vervain this time? No switching up the menu?" Damon asked silently and I just stared at him blankly.

"No, I just wanted to make sure you had a chance to calm down." I replied crossing my arms over my chest at him before he breathed out heavily.

"Oh, I'm clam. I know what you're gonna say to me—you're gonna say that I screwed up so bad and that I nearly killed all of our friends because I thought I was stuck in a fake hell-world." Damon stated looking away from me as he narrowed his eyes, thinking about it over in his head.

"You don't have to explain." I stated, looking away from him and slowly sighing. "It wasn't your fault." I added shrugging and he looked back up at me.

"Huh?" Damon asked in confusion and I looked back down at him.

"It was a-a honest mistake—You get a pass." I clarified shrugging.

"Wait—You skipped a bunch of stuff." Damon countered and I slowly sighed at him. "First, I'm supposed to say that I've seen the errors of my ways, then you tell me that that's not good enough and then you judge me harder. Then, I say something mean but true and it totally throws you off balance-" Damon started before I crouched in front of him.

"You came out of the Phoenix stone but you thought you were still inside of it—Everybody understands." I stated, shaking my head as he stared back at me.

"Hm. That's pretty generous considering that I just stabbed Stefan's pregnant girlfriend in the chest, threw Bonnie at a wall and choked her until she passed out, snapped your neck, Stefan's neck and threw a plate at Matt's head, nearly fracturing his skull." Damon pointed out and I eyed him carefully before nodding.

"Yeah well—The hell stone does a number on you." A voice countered coming into the hall and I slowly stood up as Stefan looked down at Damon.

"Yeah.. It does." Damon agreed, looking down as I looked back at him. "Well, I'm here—And it's real." Damon stated looking up at me again and I slowly sighed. "I'm ready for my bro hug and a hello kiss from my girlfriend." Damon added and I turned and eyed Stefan unsure. "That would entail you un-chaining me, guys." Damon added in annoyance before I cleared my throat.

"Here's the thing, Damon—Um, hell messes with you.. The post-hell is much worse." Stefan stated eyeing his brother and I slowly nodded in agreement.

"Oh." Damon whispered, furrowing his eyebrows before the front door opened and we turned to Tyler walk in.

"You guys have got to be kidding me—This is still my house." Tyler pointed out and I smiled at him.

"Tyler Lockwolf. Yeah, I thought my allergies were acting up." Damon stated sarcastically from where he sat behind me. I smirked walking towards Tyler and hugging him as I felt his strong arms wrap around me.

"I didn't know you were back." I stated, shaking my head at him and pulling away as I put my hand on one of his biceps, raising my eyebrow. "And have you been working out with Jeremy?" I joked kissing Ty's cheek gently as Tyler laughed, hugging me again and kissing my head.