Telling Great White Shark Lies

*Head's up for my genderqueer readers or supporters and male readers (because I too am genderqueer). This story touches on pronouns, but you may change it to whatever preferred pronouns. Since, by statistics, most of my readers generally are female, I chose to keep it simpler for me to type "she" when [Name] is by herself, and "he" when being discussed or referred to.

Rin was gloomy at lunch. "He still hasn't talked to us. I'm beginning to question his motives."

"Who hasn't been talking to you, Rin-senpai? Everyone talks to you." Nitori glanced over at the red-headed teen. He was chewing on an octopus sausage. Sousuke leaned over and stole one.

"[Name] hasn't, and Rin feels as if it's his fault. He's stupid, Nitori. Don't listen to him," grumbled Sousuke. Nitori looked between the sad Rin and pissed-off Sousuke.

'I'm between two tense...SHARKS!!' thought Nitori. His inner thoughts quivered in his mind. He shook his head. "No, no, no! Yamazaki-senpai, this is a serious matter! Friends can't fight like this! This is bad. Momo and I don't even fight!"

Sousuke patted Nitori's head. "It's no big deal. It's just [Name]. He doesn't want to talk about something, and we keep pushing his buttons."

"But... [Name] said that he'd tell us... But he didn't..." sobbed Rin. He sniffled a little before turning away to wipe his tears.

The little second-year shook his head. "Yamazaki-senpai, you have to let me talk to [Name] at least. I can help make Rin-senpai a little happier."

Sousuke shrugged his shoulders and grabbed one of the available juice boxes. Stabbing the straw into the foil hole, he said, "Sure. Knock yourself out."

Nitori walked through the corridors to [Name]'s usual hangout spot. She usually hung out in the classrooms talking to a few other students. And, there she was with the baseball boys.

"Of course not. Me? I'm not that athletic." [Name] waved her hand as if brushing off their comments. She spotted Nitori and immediately used him as a decoy.

"Oh, look. My swimming buddy. I gotta go guys. Cool talking to you." She waved and dragged Nitori by the arms, walking out into the halls. "You saved me, Nitori. I seriously don't even know the basics of baseball." She laughed a little.

Nitori fidgeted. "[Name]? Are you and Rin okay? He was talking about how you haven't talked in a while..." He tried not to make it awkward, but it sounded like it was set-up.

It sorta was, but no in bad terms. He wanted to know for himself.

"No, me and Rin? Pshh... You're thinking weird things, Nitori." [Name] had a feeling that this was set-up, so she wasn't gonna let anything slide.

Nitori tried to say something, but [Name] had slid past him and ran the opposite direction. "It's okay. Nothing's wrong. We're still friends if anything." She waved good-bye and turned the corner, leaving Nitori dumbfounded.

[Name] ran to her dorm and shut the door. Why were those two sharks so annoying? She told Rin her biggest secret, and now Sousuke wanted to know? The whole school would know if she let two sharks escape with it. She groaned and pulled off her shirt. In her undershirt, she plopped on the bed and rolled around.

Her bind that she wore everyday was in the way, so she un-clipped it and tossed it aside. It wasn't like she needed it now. She was done with school. She could ditch for a while.

Her eyes closed, but it only seemed like minutes until a knocking woke her up from her four hour nap. "Oh geez. Shut up, will you?" She reluctantly opened the door and groaned. "What do you want?"

The person, whoever it was, didn't respond. Her eyes focused on this person, and [Name] gasped.

"N-[Name]? What are...those?"

[Name] shut the door instantly and clutched her chest. "N-nothing. Just nothing."

"[Name], it's gotta be something. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want to, Sousuke. God, don't tell..."

"So, it's true?!"

"Agh!!!" [Name] flung open the door and yanked him inside. It was still dark, and they could barely see each other.

Sousuke scratched his head awkwardly. "Seriously, why didn't you tell me?"

"Rin knows. Ask him for more details."

"I'd rather know from you instead. Besides, I came here to give you homework, not see your...chest-eses."

[Name] turned red in embarrassment. "I'm a girl, okay? There, I said it." She walked to her bed and sat on it. Sousuke followed and stood by her desk.

"Okay, quick question. How'd Rin find out?"

"He found my feminine napkins. Can you just leave? It's getting awkward in here."

Sousuke shuffled. "Nope. Tell me everything."

[Name] groaned again and flopped on her bed. "Sheesh. I just transferred. I disguised myself my entire life just to make it into Samezuka. That's basically it."

She heard Sousuke's footsteps approach her and his weight on the corner of her bed.

"No, it's cool. You're breaking history anyways, you rebel. Just pray that the school won't find out."

[Name] gasped. "You are NOT going to tell, are you?"

He shrugged. "Maybe. Depends."

"I made Rin swear."

"Not me."

"Sousuke!"

He chuckled; he liked messing with her, and he wanted to continue. "Fine, I won't tell if you kiss me."

"What?"

"It's fine, right? You're a girl; it won't be weir-"

[Name] had quickly placed her lips on his for nearly two seconds, but it seemed like an eternity. In a blink, Sousuke felt all contact disappear.

"That concludes the compromise then, right?" Sousuke stood up awkwardly and stiffly.

"Yeah, sure..." he mumbled. He opened the door and walked out into the hall.

What would he tell Rin? Rin knew he went to visit [Name]. He'd have to lie. And, telling great white shark lies weren't his specialty.

~End: Telling Great White Shark Lies~

.:Find Me:.

Instagram: hope.ful_enough

Tumblr: haru-on-land

Quotev: Grey Steele

Ask.fm: Grey_Steele

Line: von_steele

Snapchat: hopeweeabotrash