Drowning in Sorrows

*Warning: This chapter contains hints of drug use and date rape. You have been warned!*

Megumi pulled out some cherry lipgloss from her clutch and applied them to her lips. Sasha saw what Megumi was doing and proceeded to do the same thing. Megumi smacked her lips together, smoothing out the lipgloss gunk.

"One question at a time? Okay," said Megumi. "I'll go first. Do you boys have any plans tonight?"

Rin glanced nervously at Souske, who gave a shaky smile to [Name].

"W-well, we were kind of busy, Meg-" [Name] was going to finish her sentence when Megumi held up a haughty hand.

"Shut it, [Male Name]. You think me and Sasha want to hang out with you? I doubt it." Megumi frowned at [Name] before smiling brightly at Rin and Sousuke.

Rin chuckled nervously. He knew that [Name] was frustrated with his "friends," but he wanted to ease the tensions.

"It's not a big deal. We could hang out for a bit. Right, Sousuke?" Rin nudged Souske's arm; he nodded back hesitantly. [Name] let out a small groan  and rubbed her temples.

"Yeah. Not a problem."

Megumi smiled, her pink-glossed grin stretched to her pierced ears. "That's fantastic! After we eat, we'll go to karaoke."

[Name] pouted. She would rather spend time doing something more worthwhile. Like studying or painting. Not karaoke.

Rin, who was sitting across from [Name], reached underneath the table and groped for [Name]'s hand. Once he found it, he gave it a tight squeeze. [Name] looked up, and Rin mouthed, "It's going to be okay. I promise."

That gave [Name] the slightest bit of hope.

Megumi had grabbed Rin's hand and was swinging it around. Sasha had her arms wrapped tightly around Souske's arm, gripping his biceps with such a powerful amount of pressure. Rin nearly stumbled over a pebble, and Sousuke was trying to separate himself from the brunette viper.

[Name] walked by her lonesome, keeping her distance from the two invaders. She never thought she'd see them again. And, it was not a good time to see them now.

They reached a karaoke bar, The Sing-a-Long Salon. It was getting chilly, the air around them was turning sharper and more vicious.

Megumi pranced inside the building and immediately began to argue with the front office clerk. "Excuse me! Me and my friends deserve the best room. I've got the money! How do you think I can afford this outfit?" She swatted the clerk a bedazzled debit card.

A few moments later, the group was waking upstairs to a large, private karaoke room. There was a huge, flat-screen TV with four mics connected to it. A plush leather sofa surrounded the perimeter of the room, and a granite coffee table sat in the middle of the room.

"Wow. This is-" Rin winced a little at the disco ball in the center of the room. Could Megumi really afford a place like this?

"Amazing? Phenomenal? Out of [Name]'s league?" retorted Megumi. She dropped her fuzzy clutch on the sofa; Sasha proceeded to do the same.

Everyone slithered in towards the center. Only [Name] sat at the end. Sasha grabbed one of the mics and held it to her chest. "I want to sing a duet!" she announced.

[Name] sat through countless songs, hearing Megumi and Sasha scream their hearts with Rin and Sousuke, who tried their best not to make a fool of themselves in front of [Name].

At the tenth song, Megumi finally ordered everyone drinks. "I got colas, 'kay? We can take a break."

"Good. I need to pee." [Name] stood up, and the two swimmers also stood up.