There were a few gasps, including my own. The pit of my stomach began to hurt from all the tension and the fear that started to build.

“No worries, there are no signs of hunters so far. They do not know where we live or where we walk. They just caught us while we were taking the special training that the representatives receive.

“Luckily, nobody was killed in this attack. We managed to take down the hunters. However, two people were severely injured. Please give a round of applause for the bravery of Jarred Hunter who took a knife for his mate, Jade Marshall,” Weston said with gratitude. I clapped with the crowd, proud that Jarred had done that to protect Jade. “And to Ella Wrode, who unfortunately couldn’t make it today because of her condition. She took the bullet for her son, Darren Saunders. We are completely lucky to have not lost such a brave woman.”

I felt the tears build up in my eyes, but I didn’t dare let it fall. I smiled with the relief that my mother had made it and clapped proudly with the crowd.

“Are you okay?” Beau said through the mind link. With Healers, it was impossible to block out each other. Healers were supposed to work together and it was forbidden to deny each other.

Yes, cous. I’m just happy that my mom is okay.”

“She’s a Wrode!” Beau said, causing me to smile even bigger. “That’s my Aunt Ella!”

“However, we are still in danger,” Weston continued, bluntly. It was an Alpha’s duty not to lie to their pack. “We got a lead on Rogues helping these hunters take down both our packs. It is true. Rogues and hunters have teamed up.”

My mouth dropped open and there were loud gasps. The whole room started talking hysterically. Before it could get any crazier, Jarred and Weston said, “Quiet down!”

The whole room fell silent in a second. Beau and I were shocked, having to hear this for the first time. The other representatives kept a straight face, but I could tell they were as scared as everyone in this room was.

“Why?” I blurted out before thinking twice, causing everyone to look at us. I was genuinely curious. I held my head high, looking Weston square in the eyes. “What are their intentions?”

It took a couple of seconds for Weston to answer. He looked me straight in the eyes and then back at everyone in front of him. “We have something that the Hunters are after, but never in a million years will I give it to them.”

In a second, the room was in complete chaos.

“What?” A guy with graying hair yelled.

“This is just ridiculous,” a woman cried, clutching her three-year-old son to her.

“You would put your packs in danger because you refuse to give something up?” Another woman yelled.

“Enough,” Jarred’s voice roared through out the crowd. It shook the windows, causing a silence to fall upon the room. Everyone looked down, ashamed and scared. I, too, shrunk back a bit from the authority in his voice. “It is too valuable to be given up.”

“What could it possibly be?” Beau said beside me, shock written across his features.

“I’m afraid that is confidential,” Weston replied. “This meeting is adjourned. Please leave without drawing attention towards our pack house.”

In an hour and a half, the conference room was emptied out and everyone had left. Alex, Charles, and Dustin had left. We all slumped down in the couches in the living area, deep in thought.

“What do the hunters want?” I brought myself to ask my friends.

“I have no idea,” Jet replied. “Only the Alphas know.”