Chapter 34 - Kazuo's Circumstances

Start from the beginning

_____________________

I went back to the classroom and buried my head into my desk.

It felt uncomfortable.

I sat right back and started zoning out at the window.

And then...

Misaki: Kazuo...can we talk?

As much as It pains me to ignore Misa...I don't want to risk lashing out at her...again.

She had never seen me mad except...that one time earlier.

I just chose to be quiet...and to ignore her...for now.

I just can't do it.

Classes ended and Misa was still on my mind.

I could tell that she wanted to talk to me but I hurried and left for home.

___________________

I got home and freshened up.

I'm still feeling depressed.

Who the hell is that asshole, Kenji?!

How does he know Misa?

They sound like they have some kind of history.

What I found...interesting was that...he knew...Misaki...but not as a girl...but as a guy?

How?

Why?

What is it?

I just can't wrap my head around it.

Something is not right...

Misa changed her body...but it appeared that people around her...didn't really change their perception of her regardless of her gender.

What could it be...?

Am I missing something?

As I try to get a hold of the situation, I heard knocking at my door.

Kazuo: Please, don't bother me!

Azumi: I'm coming in anyways.

Azumi barges in.

Kazuo: Please...Azumi, not today.

Azumi: What happened to your boyfriend? I want to see him again. Invite him over some time.

Kazuo: Ugh, how many times do I have to tell you that I'm not like that!

Azumi: Hm...you guys have good chemistry...I mean seriously. I felt the sexual tension between the two of you.

Kazuo: WHAT?!

Kazuo stands up and shows Azumi the door.

Kazuo: Get out!

Azumi is ignoring him.

Azumi: Yea, I got so into it I fainted. It overpowered my strong willed fujoshi soul. That's how destructive you guys' sexual tension. And trust me, I'm a powerful fujoshi. I can withstand anything...but whoa. You guys are at another level.

Kazuo: You're stupid. Can you stop talking these nonsensical things? Go out, already! Shoo!

Azumi: I'm not!! And I'm not leaving!!!

Kazuo: Anyway, that doesn't matter anymore. I'm done with her—I mean him.

Azumi: Aw!! You guys should work it out. What a waste!!!

Kazuo: Sh—He is dumb. She—UGH! HE DOESN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND MY FEELINGS!

Azumi: Were you straightforward with him? Some people are stupid, you know. You have to spell it out for them to understand. Or maybe, he is well aware of your feelings. It's just that he's just protecting his own feelings and doesn't want to get hurt. He doesn't want to assume anything. He wants to keep whatever you guys have. Love is a gamble after all, right? And some people like to play it safe.

Kazuo: Yea...

Azumi: Don't be dumb and just go after him.

Kazuo: I don't know.

Azumi: The more you wait...the more he'll slip away from your hands. Just don't wait too long...or somebody else will take him away from you. You know, based on my prior experience. Listen to your sister!

Kazuo: Go away, already. My heart and brain hurt!

Azumi: You're making it harder for yourself.

Kazuo: Leave me alone, please. But thank you for listening, I feel a lot better.

Azumi: I'm always here for you...Kazuo...don't forget to keep me updated with your bed time stories. I'm far more interested to hear those...I WANT GRAPHIC, JUICY AND METICULOUS DETAILS!

Kazuo: Ugh...why do you keep ruining our moments...just go already!!!

Azumi winks at me and leaves my room...finally.