Chapter 18

The link to the song above is what I imagine while Jackie is walking down the aisle, feel free to listen while you read. I've included a note in the chapter to prompt when you should play the music! 

---

"I think you should eat a little something," said Kate from next to Jackie.

Jackie tried to keep her face as still as possible, as to not disturb the makeup artist who was currently applying blush to her cheeks. "I'd rather not vomit while I'm walking down the aisle."

Kate and the women's respective makeup artists giggled, but Jackie was too on edge. It was 9:30 am on Saturday June 1st, 2012. Only an hour and a half until she and William would be arriving at Westminster Abbey.

"Oh, look, Jackie!" Carole called from her spot on the couch.

Jackie looked to the TV, which she had insisted be left on, so she could watch the news coverage of her wedding as she got ready. "Oh, no," Jackie laughed.

"Now, we're going to take a look at Prince Harry and Jackie Baker's relationship over the years," a reporter at E! News said, motioning to a huge screen behind her. "The earliest photo we have of the two of them together is this one, Harry and Jackie spotted together at a club in 2001."

Everyone in the room- Jackie, Kate, the makeup artists, Carole Middleton, and Camilla- laughed

Everyone in the room- Jackie, Kate, the makeup artists, Carole Middleton, and Camilla- laughed. The photo on the screen was of red-faced and wild-eyed Harry and Jackie, grinning near the bar of their favorite St. Andrew's clubs together. They weren't together at the time, and wouldn't be for 10 more years, however, they were already great friends, standing close for the photo. Harry was clutching his favorite drink (illegal drink, he was only 17), and Jackie was carrying a garish faux-snakeskin and silver purse. Jackie could remember the night, one of her first times out in University. She and Kate had gone out with Will and Harry, who was visiting his older brother at St. Andrews. Jackie had been struck by the way the paparazzi had found them almost immediately that night. Though the papers spread rumors to the contrary, their romance wouldn't begin for more than a decade. Harry had almost seemed like a little boy to Jackie, so she wasn't interested in being anything more than friends.

"How cute is that picture?" the reporter cooed. "It's so sweet to see the way they've grown up together." The picture on the screen changed. "Now this photo was released by Jackie herself when the engagement was announced."

"Oh, that's a wonderful photo, Jackie!" Camilla added from her seat next to Carole.

It was the picture of Jackie and Harry on the couch of the flat she, Kate, and William had shared at St. Andrew's. It had been taken in 2002, both Jackie and Harry looking a bit older. She still wasn't interested in him, though.

More photos taken by the paparazzi followed, one from every year between 2003 and 2010, mostly consisting of times the pair had run into each other in public, like a few charity events Jackie had attended with Kate and even a rugby match where they happened to have seats right next to each other.