Chapter 12

AN: So I’m currently editing this chapter on and posting it with my brand new Macbook Pro! Ah!!! So excited :) I’m in love with it! Thanks for the votes and follows! Means a lot! Keep it coming!!

Copyright ©2013 Bree Eischen

~*~

Chapter 12

~*~

“Izzy! Will you be quiet! It’s me!”

Once I settled down enough to hear the deep, masculine, and familiar voice of the guy who had his hold on me, I realized it was Adrian. He let go of me and I turned around to face him, wondering if it was appropriate or not to give him a hug. I didn’t think I would find Nick or Adrian, let alone someone I knew once I escaped Lucas’s prison of a mansion. Thus, it was an understatement to say that I was thankful that Adrian found me.

“Oh my God, Adrian! You don’t know how happy I am to see you right now!” I must have had the dumbest-looking smile on my face, but no one could blame me for being ecstatic that Adrian found me instead of one of Lucas’s crazy henchmen.

“I think I can guess. You were brought to the Werewolf King’s palace and somehow managed to escape. I don’t believe it, honestly.”

At that moment, I couldn’t help myself. I latched myself onto Adrian’s neck and hugged him tightly, not really wanting to let him go for awhile. I could feel how reluctant he was to put his arms around me, but after a few seconds, he did just that. Somehow, I began crying, too, most likely at nearly getting raped and killed by someone who I figured was the most powerful werewolf of them all. I was sure Lucas would be extremely upset once he found out that I escaped his evil clutches. Oh, well…I wouldn’t have lasted much longer there anyway. I was sure of that.

“You won’t believe what I almost had to go through!” I pulled away from him so I could look into his gorgeous eyes. “Adrian, he almost raped me!”

His eyes widened slightly, and he appeared to be extremely frustrated, running a hand through his locks.

“Oh, God…,” he muttered. “You do realize that now that you’ve escaped, he’ll be after you like nothing else he’s ever wanted. He’ll hunt you down and get his revenge. He’ll kill you if we don’t get to him first, Izzy. That’s how he is…he’s ruthless.”

I processed his words in my head and tried to make sense of them, not being able to help the fact that he was kind of pissing me off all of the sudden.

“Well, what was I supposed to do, Adrian? Just lay there and take it knowing full well I would be dead not too long after he fucked me? I wasn’t raised to be that way.”

“If you must know, I have a feeling that you wouldn’t have died if you stayed there.”

I began walking, wanting nothing more than to just head back to Xander’s house and hope that Nick made it there safely, wherever the hell he was at that point. However, Adrian’s comment made me stop and look at him with eyes of complete scrutiny.

“How do you know that? He was pretty hell bent on killing me to get his fucking revenge on Nick despite the fact that I haven’t been claimed at all! I mean, I don’t necessarily recall Nick biting me so as to make me his, right? What’s the point of Lucas wanting me then?”

“I know Lucas assumed you were Nick’s, but it’s merely the fact that you and Nick are close that Lucas wouldn’t mind killing you. He wants Nick to suffer to the most extreme extent.”

I groaned out loud, so utterly frustrated that I couldn’t see straight. Why did this have to happen to me? Why did I have to walk outside of my house that night in the first place? Why did I have to be that stupid? Then, none of this would be happening.