Chapter 11

AN: Thanks for the votes, comments, and views. Means a lot! Make sure to keep it up please and thanks!

Copyright © 2013 Bree Eischen

~*~

Chapter 11

~*~

The moment I awoke from whatever thing put me out this time I had the worst headache ever. I tried to sit up, but my head throbbed to the point where some of my vision was blurred. I could barely even sit up anyway since something kept me from doing so.

When my sight cleared up, I glanced around at the forest’s clearing to find that all of the wolves I had seen before had morphed back into their human forms. Adrian was not too far away, staring at me as if something horrible was about to happen—which I was one-hundred percent sure was the case. He was held down by some burly, older-looking man with quite the scruffy appearance. From where I was and how I was being held, I couldn’t tell at all where Nick was. All that went through my mind was, ‘What the hell is going on?

“Oh, look…Nick’s human is finally awake,” a voice above me said in a pretty sinister tone. I realized it was my captor, a.k.a. the guy holding me in a vice-like grip close to him by the hood of my sweatshirt. I tried to glance up, but he forced me down onto the ground, making my head hurt even more and nearly breaking my arm in the process. My right cheek ended up coming into painful contact with the ground, and I could finally see where Nick was. Two extremely strong-looking guys had him pinned to the ground. I had never thought that two of the strongest men I had ever seen in my life could be so easily overpowered. I felt unbelievably hopeless in that moment.

“Don’t you fucking hurt her, Lucas! I swear to God I will—” Nick was cut off by my captor’s voice and also by his two “guards” pushing him around a bit to get him to shut up.

“You’ll what? Sic big, bad Xander on me? I’m so fucking scared. This bitch is now mine to do with as I please. You didn’t give two shits what you did with my mate, so I will even things up and do the same with yours. And I think you forgot a certain title before my name, didn’t you, dog?”

Lucas? Oh, my God. That was the same wolf that Nick said almost killed me when I had first been kidnapped by him in the forest near my house! Holy shit, he was coming back for me…

My body froze in realization of what was about to happen. I couldn’t move a muscle to struggle, to cry, to talk—nothing.

“I refuse to call you ‘King’! Just take me instead. Don’t hurt her; take me, God damn it!”

What the hell? He was King Lucas? Werewolves had kings? What the fuck…

I could nearly hear the smirk in this guy’s voice when he said his next words.

“Nick’s begging to be killed by me? That’s a first…but I don’t think I will be taking you up on that offer. I want to keep things fair between us and taking you instead of your bitch isn’t exactly what I would call fair, don’t you think? Oh, and you will call me King. If you don’t obey my orders, I will have you killed within the blink of an eye, just to let you know. Just because I am now the Alpha of my own pack doesn’t mean I didn’t forget our little issue from when I was a measly beta.”

At that moment, I tried my best to ease myself off of the dirty, grassy ground, but I was so weak, there was no way I was even going to get my head up to see what was going on. It seemed Lucas was such a great observer since he simply had to mention something.

“Oh, look at the poor little girl trying to get herself up. That’s not nearly as bad as what’ll happen to you when we get back to my den. You’re looking good enough to eat right now, baby doll.”