Chapter 9

Donatello was the first to wake up. He looked around, then snuggled closer to his brothers and sighed softly. He gently touched Raph's arm and smiled, being close to his brothers always made him happy. He frowned when he remembered the nightmare he had, then he hugged Raphael close. Raphael woke up and felt one of his brothers tighten their grip on him.

"Are you okay?" Raphael asked as he wondered who it was.

"I had another nightmare." Donnie cried, "I'm scared."

"Don, it's okay." Raphael replied as he gently stroked Donatello's shell. "Tell me about it."

"You were fighting the Shredder, you told him that he could never touch us." Donnie explained, "You said you'd die for us...you were winning the fight until he stabbed your chest, then you fell." Don started to cry again, "I yelled for you to get up. but you...you..." Raphael closed his eyes and sighed softly.

"Donnie, everything will be okay." Raphael sat up a little and kissed his brother's head, then he smiled at Donatello. "I'm going to go do some exercises." Donatello hugged Raphael tighter and whimpered softly, afraid of being left alone. "Donnie, it'll be minor exercises." Raphael told him as he hugged his brother close, "I'll be in the do-jo if you need me."

Don got up and sighed softly, "Be careful, and please don't over do it."

Raphael got up and smiled at his brother. "I won't, go back to sleep." He hugged his little brother tightly before heading to the do-jo to do his daily exercises. He wanted to become stronger, for his loved ones. Raph knew everyone wanted the best for him, it made him happy that they all cared for his well being.

As Raphael exercised and even trained his ninja skills a little, he remembered what Don had said about over doing it. He realized that it had probably been a few hours since he woke up and training exhausted him. There was arguing coming from the living room, Raph went to check it out.

"Don, it isn't fair if we dote on Raph." Mikey was saying, "He loves his exercises."

"Mikey, what if he over does it?" Donnie asked, "What if he starts doing complicated ninja moves and gets hurt?"

Raphael entered the living room and gently touched his brothers' shoulders. "I'm fine guys, I was going to take a break anyways."

Donnie hugged Raph tightly and buried his face into his big brother's neck. "Raph..."

Raphael hugged Donatello just as tight and sighed softly. "It's okay Donnie, it's alright." Don closed his eyes and sobbed softly. "I know it broke you to see me hurt, but will it fix you to see that I'm almost completely healed?"

"P-Probably n-not..." Donatello choked out between sobs.

Raphael sat down on the couch with Donnie in his arms. "Donatello Hamato, listen to e." Raphael said, he was being serious. "I'm going to be okay, how about I take you guys with me when I go back to the surface?"

"Promise?" Donnie asked as he curled up in his brother's arms.

"I promise Don." Raph replied as he held his brother close. "Mikey, how are you holding up?"

Michelangelo climbed up onto Raph's lap and curled up. "I want you happy."

"I'm plenty happy, but no more fighting." Raphael told them, "That's mine and Leo's job."

"You got that right." Leonardo said as he pulled Raphael, Donatello , and Michelangelo onto his lap. "Don't you know not to cuddle without me?"

"Desperate times call for desperate measures." Raph replied as he snuggled close to his brothers. "Master Splinter, are you going to join in?"

Master Splinter, who was watching from a corner of the room, chuckled softly and approached his sons. "Come here." he said as he pulled the four turtles into his arms and held them close. "I am very proud you four are sticking together."

"We have a great father who taught us that." Michelangelo replied as he hugged his father. "Thanks Daddy."

Master Splinter gently stroked his head. "You are welcome my child, I am very proud to call you my sons."

"Hey Leo, can you get me my medicine?" Raph asked as he felt pain in his chest.

Leonardo instantly got up and went to grab his brother's pills and water. When he returned, Leo could see that Splinter was holding Raphael close. Donatello and Michelangelo were worried for their big brother.

"Can I have him?" Leo asked as he sat down on the couch. Master Splinter gave Raphael to him and Leo held Raph close. "Here." Leonardo said softly as he pressed the medicine into Raph's hands and gave Raph the water. After Raphael took his pills and drank the water, Mikey put the cup on the table and covered him up.

"Thanks guys." Raphael said as he relaxed and started to take it easy.

Michelangelo sat down next to Raph and gently touched his hand. "We love you bro."

"Love you too." Raph said with a small smile on his face.

"I can't wait 'til you're completely healed." Leo said with a smile as he snuggled with Raph, "But I AM enjoying soft Raph."

"Leo, shut it." Raph huffed, then he hugged Leo tightly. "You guys need to quit worrying so much about me."

"We love you too much." Leo replied as he held Raph close.

Donatello and Michelangelo climbed up on the couch with their big brothers and relaxed. "We love you Raph." Donnie said in a soft voice as he hugged Raphael tightly.

"I love you too." Raph replied as Leo adjusted so he was holding all of his brothers. "I'm fine, nothing is gonna keep me from my family."

Mikey looked up at his big brother. "How do you feel?"

"Much better Mike." Raphael replied with a smile as he held his brothers close and snuggled into Leo. "I'm okay." The four terrapins cuddled for a while, enjoying each other's presence. Even though Raph's brothers were worried, they decided to let him have time alone, for his sanity.