Chapter 8

Four months passed since Raphael's return, Donnie would give him daily check-ups. As Raph healed from the torture that was inflicted on him, he realized he'd be sixteen soon. Raphael was able to walk around, but someone always had to be there in case he collapsed or needed help. Nobody panicked much anymore, unless Raph wanted to go topside alone. The red-cladded turtle was walking towards the living room when he heard Mikey yell.

"OH COME ON!" Michelangelo was playing a video game and couldn't beat a level. "EVEN RAPH COULD PROBABLY BEAT THIS AND HE'S BLIND!"

Raphael chuckled as he made his way to the couch, then he slipped on something and fell on his shell. Mikey heard the noise and was at his big brother's side in an instant, helping him up. "I'm okay Mikey, I just slipped is all." Raphael said in a soft voice, "Can you please get me an icepack?" he asked his little brother, "And Donnie?"

"Of course." Mikey replied as he led Raph to the couch, then he left.

A few seconds later, both of Raph's little brother's walked in and Donnie began his usual check-up. "What happened?"

"Slipped on a skateboard." Raphael replied and showed Donatello his shell.

Don sighed softly and gently touched Raphael's shoulder. "It's fine, where else do you hurt?"

"My head, I feel like if it doesn't go away soon someone is going to get punched." Raphael replied as Donnie put the icepack on his head.

"Raph, do you feel that you're healing?" Michelangelo asked, hopefully.

"Um..." Raphael thought a bit as he replied, "I feel that Fishface is going to get it." Suddenly his anger rose, "So help me, if I hear of him one more time I'm gonna-"

"MY RAPHIE'S BACK!" Slash exclaimed as he hugged Raphael, making him jump a bit.

"Uh, not completely...I just think the anger is back." Raphael replied as Casey gently touched his shoulder.

"That just means part of you healed." Casey told him with a soft smile, "I think the teddy bear really is helping."

"We are to NEVER speak of it Casey Jones!" Raphael snarled as he blushed deeply, "It shall never be mentioned except between me and Slash unless for emergencies."

"Like you could take me down." Casey taunted, he was actually hoping that Raph had his strength back.

"Donnie, where are my sais?" Raphael asked his little brother.

"Raph, you are still too weak." Donatello replied as he touched his brother's hand. "Once you become stronger you can spar with Casey."

Raph huffed and flipped Casey on his back, "Jones, you are so lucky I can't fight."

Casey smiled, "You already have some strength back, maybe you could beat me." He got up as Raphael laid down with his head on Slash's lap.

"Hi." Raphael said with a soft smile as Slash gently stroked his cheek.

"Hey." Slash replied with a smile, he loved that Raphael was healing. "You need to take it easy and quit giving everyone a heart attack."

Raphael gently touched Slash's hand and relaxed. "Fine, but only if you quit freaking out everytime I want to go topside by myself."

"I don't freak-" Slash began with a blush, but Raphael cut him off.

"Slash, baby, I know you're terrified." Raphael told him, "You always hesitate when agreeing and sometimes I hear whimpering coming from one of you." Raphael nuzzled into Slash's hand, "I'm okay, I'll be fine, you know I wouldn't leave you guys for the world."

"Raph, you've gone soft." Michelangelo told his big brother, wondering what the reaction would be.

Raphael cringed, then sighed defeatedly. "Only because you guys are still worried." he replied, "You know I go soft when you start panicking."

Mikey suddenly hugged Raph tightly. "I'm glad you're getting better, Raph I don't want you to leave."

Raphael instinctively hugged Michelangelo back and hushed him. "It's alright, I'm getting better." Raphael said in a soft voice, "I'm healing, soon I'll be kicking shell just like before."

"What if Fishface captures you again?" Mikey sobbed, "I can't stand it."

Raphael sat up and pulled Michelangelo into his arms. "Then I'll keep fighting until you guys save me."

Michelangelo hugged Raphael tighter and continued to sob. "I-I c-can't lose y-you!"

It slowly dawned on Raph that Mikey was probably exhausted from all the nightmares and stressing over him. "Mikey, why don't you go take a nap." Raphael suggested with a soft smile, "I promise I'll stay in the lair for a full week." Michelangelo's crying turned to soft whimpers, then nothing. Raphael began to move until he heard snoring and realized that Mikey was sleeping on him.

"Alright, who's next?" Raphael said as Donatello ran into his brother's arms. "You too Leo, I have another few weeks of being Mr. Softie."

"No teasing or arguing?" Leonardo asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Like I said, I'm a softie when you guys start panicking...Casey if you don't quit smirking I'll slap you." Raphael said with a huff.

"How...?" Casey was shocked, everyone was.

Raph rolled his eyes, "You always smirk."

Leo sat by Raph's feet and watched him with worry. "Raph, did you take your medicine?" Leonardo asked, going into full on protective big brother mode.

"Not yet." Raphael replied, "Hey Case-"

"On it." Casey replied as he went to grab Raphael some pills and water. The medicine was to help Raphael heal without any infections, it also took away some of his pain.

April gently touched Raph's shoulder and smiled at him. "You're a great brother."

"Not really, I'm always to hot-headed." Raph replied as Donnie hugged him tighter.

"You are an awesome brother." Donatello said in a fearful tone, "You've always protected us from everything and so did Leo."

Raphael gently stroked his brother's head. "It's what big brothers are for." Raphael replied as Casey returned with the medicine and water.

"Need anything else?" Casey asked as Raph took his meds.

"A blanket would be nice." Raphael replied as he felt Mikey shiver in his sleep. "Leo, are you sure you don't want to-" Raphael didn't finish as he felt Slash get up and Leonardo take his place.

Leo held his three brothers close and was gentle with Raphael, everyone knew he was going to break soon. "Raph...we were broken without you." Leonardo whimpered as tears streamed down his cheeks, "You almost died, we almost lost you."

Raphael felt his heart shatter as he listened to his brother. Leonardo was calm and collected, knowing that he was breaking worried Raph. "It's okay Leo, I'm not leaving anytime soon." Raphael told him as Casey gave Leo the blankets.

"My sons," Master Splinter said as he gently touched Raphael's head, "it's been a long few months, get your rest."

Leonardo covered them up and held onto his brother's in a protective state. They were all exhausted, trying to keep Raphael alive and healthy was difficult on some days. Whenever Raph was in pain, everyone would do everything for him to make sure his suffering ended. Raphael was the most exhausted though, but it wasn't from his wounds. No, Raph was exhausted from trying to make sure everyone slept well at night and woke up happy.

Leonardo took Raphael's hand in his and watched his little brother with a protective eye. The red-cladded terrapin smiled and squeezed his brother's hand before falling asleep, this relaxed Leo. Soon all four turtles were sleeping peacefully, everyone could only hope that the suffering had ended.